Do you know that there is a dark mode feature on Facebook? Well many users on the platform are already making use of or enabling the Facebook dark mode on their personal profiles, therefore it is easy to assume then that you know it. The truth of the whole thing is that no matter how popular an entity may become, it is not everyone that has heard or made use of it. And the same goes for the Facebook dark mode feature. Not one of the oldest features on the platform but one of the newest features rather, the dark mode feature on Facebook is one of the most used features on the platform today. So have you enabled it yet on your own profile? If you haven’t, continue reading to find out how you too could enable the feature.
The Facebook Dark Mode
The year 2020 really did come with a whole lot of things, ups and downs, and a whole lot of uncertainties. With all the whole drama going on with the coronavirus, there were still some notable events that took place that someone could focus his or her mind on. I mean a lot of great movies were released, gaming consoles were launched and so many more. The dark mode feature however has been around for some time now. Most notable platforms have adopted the feature including web browsers. Social media platforms also such as Instagram and WhatsApp have also adopted this feature on their platforms. Facebook rather cam elate to the party, but not that late as users cannot just get enough of the feature.
The Facebook dark mode is not just a feature that beautifies how your page or profile looks on Facebook. This feature gives your profile a bolder and darker look. But do you know that the dark mode feature has got some health benefits too? I bet you didn’t know. This feature helps reduce the amount of light your eyes might be exposed to from your devices.
How To Enable The Dark Mode Feature On Facebook
Enabling the dark mode feature on Facebook is easy. It is free and anyone with a personal profile on Facebook can enable the feature. To enable this Facebook feature, follow the steps below;
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone device.
- On the Facebook app page, login to your account if you are not yet logged in.
- Tap the menu icon in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down the menu page and select Settings and privacy.
- In the settings and privacy page, tap on the dark mode option to enable it.
- Open the Facebook app and login to your account if you are not yet logged in.
- Scroll down this page and select the settings and privacy option.
- On the settings and privacy expanded menu. Locate the dark mode option and tap it to be enabled.
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com
- If you are still using the classic Facebook, you will have to first switch to the new Facebook.
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner.
- Click on the switch to new Facebook option to switch to the new Facebook interface.
- On the new Facebook interface, click the drop-down arrow icon once more.
- Next to the dark mode option, click the toggle.
That’s it. Your Facebook interface will go dark immediately.