The Facebook 360 – Facebook has allowed users to upload and view 360-degree photos for a little over a year now, but the social media platform is also adding the ability to capture them, too. Starting today, both the iOS and Android versions of the Facebook app will allow users to create 360-degree photos without requiring a third-party app or camera.
Of course, since phones don’t have 360-degree cameras built-in (yet, at least), the process resembles how you create panoramas in your phone’s camera app. To create 360-degree photos inside the Facebook app is quite simple to do, all you need do is to read down for more.
The Facebook 360
Facebook 360° content presents an opportunity for you to advertise, market, and tell your story in a more interactive and experiential way. 360° content is an interactive media format that has come to serve a unique role in the world of brand storytelling and marketing.
Similar to AR and VR, it gives consumers a chance to experience a deeper story than what they’re used to. The 360° content format has only been widely available since 2016, (with the arrival of the Samsung Gear 360).
Brands like Insta360, Samsung, Kandao, and Ricoh now sell simple but powerful 360° cameras that make it much easier to tell immersive stories. Thanks to widespread adoption by consumers, brands, and creatives, good 360° content is now more affordable to produce than ever before.
How Do You Put a 360 Picture on Facebook?
A 360 photo allows you to see a photo from every angle including above, below, behind, and next to you. When taking a 360 photo, the field of view will automatically be set to the middle of the photo.
To upload a 360 photo:
- Open the Facebook app for iOS or Android.
- Tap Photo/Video at the top of your News Feed or timeline.
- Select your 360 photo.
- Select your audience, and then tap Post.
Why Can’t I See 360 Photos on Facebook?
Did you post a 360 photo on Facebook but it’s showing as a distorted (equirectangular) photo instead and not as a 360 photo? Keep in mind that if you upload a panorama that’s wider than 100 degrees, it’ll automatically be converted to a 360 photo. You can only upload a single 360 photos at a time.
What Is Create Immersive Experiences with Facebook 360
This is a stunning and captivating way for publishers and content creators to share immersive stories, places, and experiences with their fans. You can give it a trial.
How Do You Make 360 Pictures?
To help you make your first experience with 360-degree photos, the guidelines below will be very helpful;
- Shooting 360-degree photos with a smartphone is easy. Whether you own an Android or an iOS device, you can download the Google Street View app from Google Play or AppStore. The process is almost the same on both operating systems.
- Install the app and pick up an interesting spot to try it. After a few screens with tips and welcome messages, you’ll arrive at the homepage of the app. Click on the “Camera” icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen to start. A contextual menu will appear. Choose “Camera,” the third option.
- After selecting “Camera,” Street View will take you to the camera screen. The app will guide you through the capture process – essentially, the user has to stand still, hold the device in the right position, point the camera at the dot, and hit all orange circles appearing on the screen.
- The images are now stitched together into one 360 images. While you can preview the raw version of the image on Android and iOS devices, there are some differences in how you access them.
Now you can access the raw 360 images on your smartphone. You can get more details about the Facebook 360 by simply clicking here.