Application for Urban Analytics Ph.D. Scholarships 2022 is on, this scholarship is offered by Urban Big Data Centre (UBDC) which is a multidisciplinary research group of social scientists, data scientists, and engineers.
About Urban Analytics Ph.D. Scholarships
Urban Big Data Centre (UBDC) is delighted to invite applications for Urban Analytics Ph.D. Scholarships; two University funded Ph.D. scholarships commencing in October 2022.
One of the scholarships is open to International applicants while the other scholarship is restricted to UK residents.
Urban Big Data Centre (UBDC) has a mission to be an international center of excellence in the research use of digital footprint data and associated analytical technologies to address the challenges of urban planning, development, and management.
It has a supervisory team from the Centre that ensures that successful students develop projects in line with its mission. Eligible candidates are required to demonstrate a keen interest in developing advanced skills in quantitative or data-driven social research, and in applying these to real-world urban policy problems.
Summary of Urban Analytics Ph.D. Scholarships
- Urban Analytics PhD Scholarships Application Deadline: May 16, 2022
- Type of Scholarship: PhD
- Eligible Countries: UK and International
- Awards to be taken: UK
- Number of Scholarships Given: Two scholarships; One is available to International applicants and one is restricted to UK residents
- Duration of program: 3 years
Apply Now For Urban Analytics PhD Scholarships
Before making your application, it is important you contact potential supervisors to discuss your research project ideas.
You can find a list of research themes and projects and the staff associated with each on the UBDC website: https://ubdc.ac.uk/research/research-projects/. Potential supervisor’s names should be noted on the application form, If in any way you are unsure, please contact Dr. David McArthur ([email protected])
- Apply for the Scholarship by visiting the Scholarships Application Portal: http://glasgow.ac.uk/ScholarshipApp
- Then upload the following documentation:
UBDC Ph.D. Scholarship application form (in Word format)
Your Academic transcripts (All relevant Undergraduate and Master’s level degree transcripts (and translations, if not originally in English)
Provisional transcripts are sufficient if you are yet to complete your degree).
- Two references (your references should include an academic familiar with your work. You may include a work reference, especially if you have been out of academia for over 5 years.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (academic where applicable).
Note: The Closing Date is 16 May 2022
Application Selection process
- All submitted applications will be assessed by the project team in which shortlisted applicants will be requested to attend a remote (online) Interview.
- Eligibility for the scholarship awards is subject to candidates successfully securing admission to a PhD program within the Urban Studies subject area of the School of Social and Political Sciences.
- Subsequently, successful applicants will be invited to apply for admission to the relevant PhD program after they are selected for funding.
Who’s Eligible to Apply for Urban Analytics PhD Scholarships
All interested Applicants for the Urban Analytics PhD Scholarships must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have a 2.1 or higher degree in an appropriate discipline such as social sciences, economics, geography, computing science, statistics, or environmental sciences.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate quantitative or data-driven research skills appropriate to their level of qualification.
- A demonstration of interest in and appreciation of the challenges of urban social science research is required of an applicant
- The entry requirements for the Urban studies, Ph.D. must be met by all applicants
The Benefit of Urban Analytics Ph.D. Scholarships
- Urban Analytics Ph.D. Scholarships offer a rare opportunity to develop cutting-edge expertise and experience in this fast-growing field.
- It offers a vibrant, multi-disciplinary, and collegiate base in which to develop as a researcher.
- Recipients will enjoy excellent supervisory support from leading researchers in the field
- Connections with the wider community of over 40 researchers and data scientists, including associates across the University of Glasgow, and with a network of international partners around the world.
- Successful candidates will have access to advanced training opportunities as well as the Centre’s superb data collections and advanced IT infrastructure.
Best of Luck!
YOU MAY LIKE: