As you have known Skype is a software that actually enables the world’s conversations. Skype For Business Online is a bit similar to the main Skype but there are some differences.
And I believe you want to know about Skype Business, that’s why you clicked on this post. In order to learn more about the business skype, you need to pay attention and read on to find out more.
Skype For Business Online
Skype For Business was formerly known as Microsoft Lync and Office Communicator. It is an enterprise instant messaging software that is developed by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Office suite.
The service was designed mostly for use with the on-premises Skype for Business Server software. Business Skype supports audio, text, and also video calls. Also, it integrates with Microsoft Office components like SharePoint and Exchange.
The business Skype was rebranded from Lync to Skype for Business, also co-branding with the Microsoft-owned consumer messaging platform, Skype. The service clients can run it on Windows operating systems, tablets, Android, and also Apple iOS devices.
In order words, the platform is a service that allows businesses to hold online meetings. And the meetings online, clients would feel like they are in the same room. It is available via Office 365.
Features of Skype for Business
The service has made it easy for businesses of any size to have better communications and online meetings no matter the distance. It is the top tool for businesses to use for communications. Aside from these, the service has some really interesting features that make it stands out.
More features and benefits of Skype for Business;
- It is cross-platform.
- The service cuts down costs on Business Travel.
- It allows instant messaging, audio, and video calls.
- Availability of contacts based on the Microsoft Outlook contacts that are stored in Microsoft Exchange Server.
- The clients or users can retrieve their contact lists from a local directory service like Microsoft Exchange Server.
- With the help of Microsoft Office, it shows if individuals are working on the same document.
- Communications take place through a Skype for Business Server.
- Client types are available for Microsft Lync.
- The service makes use of SIP as the basis for its client communication protocol.
- Skype for Business allows file sharing.
- There is support for TLS and SRTP for encrypting and securing signaling and media traffic.
There are many other features of the service, but the above are a few of the benefits you can enjoy or get from using Skype For Business.
Skype for Business App
Aside from the fact that the service can be used on your Windows, Tablet, Mac, etc, it can also be used on smartphone devices. Skype for Business App is the mobile application of the service. It is compatible with any device type including iOS and Android devices.
With the app on your device you can make voice and video calls over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, etc. The app is simple and free to download from the App store of the device you’re using. Here are the key features of the app;
- Share your video and view the speaker’s video during a conference call.
- Be in control of the meeting
- Initiate a group IM or video conversation and also invite additional or other participants.
- Join, rejoin and initiate a Business meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas.
- Look at the upcoming meetings and join with just a click.
- Locate or find the recent conversations and continue from where you stopped.
- Search for your contacts using a name, email, or mobile number.
- It offers enhanced security via the Active Directory Authentication Library.
Skype for Business mobile application can be used by anyone when invited. But just so you know, you need to have an account to use the service.