There are lots of business developments which have been made to make smooth operations on our business. Many business days to day activities can now be done online using the internet web or social applications. With our latest technology, we can schedule our daily activities, file transfers, video conferencing, and lots more.
Related: Skype For Business Online – Skype for Business App | Features of Skype for…
Skype for Business Conference Call
Skype for Business Conference Call allows companies or organizations to hold meetings over the internet. Thi platform is a popular video calling platform that is being used by millions across the world. Skype for Business is a Unified Communications (UC) platform that can be used for common channels of business communications and online meetings. This platform was created to ease business partners from traveling far distances for a meeting or project explanation.
In order words, Skype for Business conference call is a platform that users can use to communicate with more than two of their business partners close or far from them. This can either be a voice conference call or a video conference call interface. Using this platform is secured and security tight as Skype for Business does not share your information shared during this conference call to other Skype for business users in other companies.
Features of Skype for Business
Skype for business has lots of features to aid connect with co-workers or business partners in your company or around the world with a smooth and easy operation when using this platform:
- It has a presenter control optimized for meeting format, audience size, and content sources.
- It records and achieves meetings, messages, conference sessions, and sign-in logs.
- Dial-in conferencing enables users to call into a Skype for Business meeting using the computer web, iOS android device, and the windows software.
- It has a public switched telephone network (PSTN) calling telephone service which includes calls to non-Skype users.
- Auto attendants system that can answer and routes inbound calls.
And lots more other features you will get to know when using Skype for business platform.
Related: Skype For Business Web App – How to Use Skype For Business Web App
Is Skype for Business Free
Actually the answer is No. Skype, of course, is free for users, but the video call feature is not free. Users have to subscribe in order to have Conference calls. Skype for business has generally two (2) subscription plans available for users. There may include additional licenses in order to access all of the features for Skype for Business.
How To Make A Skype For Business Conference Call
Before you can proceed to make a Skype for Business Conference call you will have to download the Skype for Business App on either your mobile or your computer. And also you will have to set up your Skype for Business following the procedure below:
- You will have to make a plan and purchase for Skype for business online.
- Sign in to your office 365 account: You will receive an email from the Microsoft Online Services Team that will contain the Microsoft 365 user ID you have created during the purchase of the Skype for business online. Then sign in to the admin center and enter your Microsoft 365 user ID and password.
- Set up your domain and users: After you have signed in your Microsoft 365 account, you can set up your domain and company workers in your organization.
- Then you set up your Instant Messaging (IM) and presence in your organization: Here you will have to choose who else your Skype for Business users can communicate with and also who sees whether co-workers are online.
- After which you download and install Skype for Business.
- You can also set up other features on the Skype for Business App you’ve downloaded. Which includes the setting up of your audio conferencing, setting up the phone system and the calling plans in Office 365, and setting up Skype Meeting Broadcast.
And these steps will get you started using Skype for Business to do Conference calls.
Conference Call On Skype Business Platform
After the above procedure of getting your Skype for Business account ready for use, you can now make your conference call using the procedure below:
- Open the Skype for Business Application on either your computer or mobile.
- From the Skype for Business main window
- Go to your contact list.
- Hold down your Ctrl key and click on the names of your contacts to select them for you to meet. While for your mobile you can just tap and hold a contact name after which you can select other contact names you want to add to the conference meeting.
- Then right-click the selection and click Start a Conference call on your computer. On your mobile, you just tap on the menu and tap on Start a Conference call.
- Click or tap on Skype Call.
Immediately your call will be placed across to the contacts you’d like to make the conference with.
How to Add More People to a Conference Call on Skype
If you need to add more people to your Skype for Business call, you will have to drag their names to the meeting from your contact list. Or you can add by following the steps below;
- In the conversation window at the Participants pane, click on “Invite More People”.
- Then select the person you want to add from the list and then click on “OK”.
The platform will call the person for you and they will be added to the meeting.
Recommended: Conference Call on Skype – How to Conference Call on Skype