Do you wish to contribute to the sustainable development of your home country and region? If yes, the Swedish Institute (SI) presents a golden opportunity for ambitious global professionals from developing countries.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) 2024 is a remarkable initiative designed to foster leadership and positive change on a global scale.
SI Scholarship for Global Professionals (SISGP) 2024
The Swedish Institute (SI) is renowned for its commitment to promoting Sweden’s interests and fostering international exchanges in various domains, including culture, education, and research.
Currently, the institute is taking a significant step forward with the introduction of the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP).
This scholarship program is set to replace the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS), heralding a new era of opportunities for global professionals.
Aims and Objectives of SISGP
SISGP is a part of the Swedish government’s broader strategy to support global leaders who can contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The program is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute, with the aim of empowering scholarship holders to actively engage in the positive development of their home societies.
Benefits of SISGP
Should you become a recipient of the Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals, you can expect the following benefits:
- A Full Tuition Fee Coverage: The scholarship covers your tuition fees, which is directly paid by SI to your Swedish university at the start of each semester.
- Monthly Living Expenses: You’ll receive a monthly stipend of SEK 12,000 to cover your living expenses throughout your study period.
- Health and Accident Insurance: Receive insurance coverage against illness and accidents.
- Travel Grant: SISGP provides a travel grant of SEK 15,000 (or SEK 10,000 for scholars from specific countries), ensuring a smooth transition to Sweden.
- As a scholarship recipient, you’ll gain access to a valuable platform for professional growth and networking during your stay in Sweden.
- After completing your scholarship period, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network, offering continued networking and professional development opportunities.
What’s Not Covered
The Swedish Institute Scholarship does not cover additional grants for family members or the application fee for University Admissions.
It is intended for full-time master’s level studies lasting one or two years, starting in the autumn semester.
If your program extends beyond two semesters, you can apply for an extension provided you’ve successfully completed your courses and credits.
To be considered for the SISGP, you should meet the following criteria:
- Accumulate a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internships, or positions of trust.
- Hail from an eligible country.
- Possesses academic qualifications and leadership experience.
- Be prepared to pay tuition fees to your chosen university and have successfully followed the university admission steps.
- Demonstrate leadership experience gained from employment, voluntary work, or internships after high school studies.
Key Dates to Note
- 16 October – 15 January: Apply to Swedish master’s programs through University Admissions.
- November: SI Scholarship application documents will be published.
- 12 – 28 February: The application portal for the SI Scholarship will be open.
- 21 March: University admissions announcement day.
- 25 April: SI Scholarship announcement day.
How to Apply
- Apply for a master’s program at https://si.se/en/apply/scholarships/swedish-institute-scholarships-for-global-professionals/#steps-1
- Apply for an SISGP scholarship in February 2024 via this link https://si.se/en/apply/scholarships/swedish-institute-scholarships-for-global-professionals/#steps-2
- Stay tuned for notifications from University Admissions.
- Await the announcement of the 300 successful SI scholarship recipients.
For more detailed information, please visit the Swedish Institute’s website at: https://si.se/en/apply/scholarships/swedish-institute-scholarships-for-global-professionals/
The deadline for SISGP applications is January 15, 2024.