Selar, an E-commerce tool for creators, and entrepreneurs, is committed to making a significant impact by offering young Nigerian women entrepreneurs, aged 19-30, a golden opportunity through their Selar Fashion Upcycling Program 2023.
The Fashion Upcycling Program is their latest initiative, aimed at empowering aspiring female fashion enthusiasts who want to contribute to a greener planet. So, If you’re a young Nigerian woman with a passion for fashion and a strong desire to make a positive environmental impact, this program is designed for you.
Selar’s mission is clear and ambitious; it aims to empower the next generation of African entrepreneurs to harness the potential of the creator economy. With over 400,000 users and 70,000+ creators, Selar stands at the forefront of the creator economy in Africa.
Selar Fashion Upcycling Program 2023 – What to Expect
The Fashion Upcycling Program is a holistic experience that offers several benefits to its participants. Participants can expect the following:
- Free E-Book: A free e-book on What Climate Got to Do with Fashion.
In this E-book, you’ll gain insights into the fashion industry’s environmental impact.
- Online/Physical Classes: Learn Circular Fashion and Upcycling from experts in the field of circular fashion and upcycling.
- 3-Month Paid Internship: Real-world experience is invaluable, and this program offers a 3-month paid internship.
- Access to Funding: If you have a sustainable fashion project in mind, this program can help you kick-start it.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with like-minded individuals who share your passion for fashion and the environment.
Benefits of the Selar Fashion Upcycling Program
Apart from the above listed program offerings, you will gain the following as a participant:
- Climate Awareness: Opportunity to understand the fashion industry’s role in climate change. You’ll realize the power you have to make a positive difference.
- Empowerment: Gain valuable skills in sustainable fashion, such as upcycling and waste reduction. These skills make you a more versatile and informed entrepreneur.
- Networking: Establish connections with women who share your interests in fashion and the environment.
- Hands-On Experience: Join the upcycling program (1 week), led by sustainable fashion experts. This program will help you gain practical experience to solidify your knowledge and skills.
Eligibility Requirements for Selar Fashion Upcycling Program
To be eligible for the Selar Fashion Upcycling Program, you should meet the following criteria:
- Age: Be within the ages of 19 – 30 years
- Have Knowledge of sewing
- A strong desire to explore fashion upcycling is required
How to Apply
Please note that the Selar Fashion Upcycling Program 2023, is designed for young women who are passionate about fashion and the environment. The slots are limited, so visit the official link below to secure a spot:
This is an opportunity to make an impact!
Program key dates:
- Nov 29 to Dec 3, 2023: Online Session
- Grand Finale: December 3, Lagos, Nigeria
- Venue: Online Sessions (Zoom and Google Meet), Grand Finale Venue: Lagos, Nigeria
You don’t need to worry about investing in expensive equipment. Selar has got you covered:
- Sewing Machine (will be provided)
- Basic Sewing Kit (will be provided)
- Internet Connection (Your responsibility)
- Device with Webcam (Your laptop)
- Your Passion and Creativity
The application deadline is not specified.