One of YouTube’s experimental features is now available hence Premium Subscribers on YouTube can now Turn on Picture-in-Picture on iPhone. Earlier in June, YouTube announced that it was going to bring Picture-in-Picture to iOS devices. Currently, an article on The Verge says the feature is now available. Without a doubt, this feature has been much demanded and anticipated.
Before now, iPhone users have not been able to access the Picture-in-Picture mode android users enjoy. However, users can now enjoy the feature, though perhaps for a limited amount of time and the feature is only accessible by YouTube users who have subscribed to the premium plan.
Premium Subscribers on YouTube can now Turn on Picture-in-Picture on iPhone – How to Get It
With the availability of this amazing new feature “YouTube Picture-in-Picture), iPhone users have been asking how they can get access to this feature. Well, how to get the feature is listed b below is a simple well-guided step.
- First of all, subscribe to the YouTube premium plan
- Once you are a premium user, open up a web browser and tap on the search bar
- On the search bar of the web browser, enter the web address http://www.youtube.com/new
- Now scroll down on the new webpage to the section “Picture-in-Picture” is listed
- On that section, click on the “Try it out” widget or link
- Immediately you click on that link, you will be prompted to sign in to your YouTube account
- Sign in to your account and begin watching a YouTube video
- While the video is still playing, just navigate away from the app using the home button or swiping up
- Immediately you do this, the video will begin playing in Picture-in-Picture mode
Take note that if you lock your device while watching a video in Picture-in-Picture the video will automatically be paused. The video however can be resumed using the lock screen media controls.
From an article in 9to5Google, some users have been able to get the feature working on their iPads as well as their iPhones. While the feature is available for iOS users snow, YouTube says the feature will be available till the 31st of October 2021. They say they are not sure what is going to happen after this date. If you haven’t begun using this feature, you should probably get started right away.