Today, I am going to tell you about Philips. Yes, I know the name may ring a bell. This is because the Philips products are one of the best there are and it has become a household name to say the very least. Philips products are one of the most trusted products and durable products made. Philips is a company that was inspired by the fast-growing electricity industry and the promising results of experiments of one of the founders to make reliable carbon filaments. The company is focused on the making of different electronics products, mostly household appliances. This is a renowned company in the electrical world and it has really harnessed the electrical world, has since been very creative with their products, the usage of it and has been expanding into other fields.
The Philips Company was founded as a family business in May 1891 by father and son, Gerard Philips, and Anton Philips and it was called the Philips & Co. in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. The company was then only in to the manufacturing incandescent lamps and other electrical products. In 1895, Gerard‘s brother Anton Philips joined the company and in 1912, co-founded the Royal Philips Electronics.
The company currently has its headquarters located in Amsterdam, Netherlands although its products are being used far and wide, all over the world. The Philips Company has grown into one of the largest electronics companies in the world having as much as over seventy thousand (70 000) employees all over the world.
The products the company focuses on making are as follows;
- Audio system.
- Medical equipment.
As earlier mentioned, the Philips Company started out with the production of incandescent lamps. Here is the evolution of the company.
- Carbon filament lamps from 1891 to 1915.
- X-rays and radio reception from 1915 to 1925.
- Radios production in 1927.
- Medical X-ray equipment in 1933.
- Television production in 1938.
- The pioneering rotary shaver called the Philishave in 1939.
- The Philips Synchrocyclotron which enabled the research of treatment of malignant tumors in 1949.
- Compact Audio Cassette in 1963.
- The optical telecommunication systems, the LaserVision optical disc, and the highly successful Compact Disc in the 1970s.
- The Compact Disc that was developed together with Sony which represented another technological landmark for Philips Company in 1982/83.
- The production of the Philips’ 100-millionth TV set in 1984.
- The founding of Philips China Ltd in 1985.
- Philips again partnered with Sony to introduce the DVD in 1997.
- The Ambient Experience is an innovative solution to improve hospitals’ workflow and patient care by integrating architecture, design, dynamic lighting, and sound in 2002.
- The first commercial launch of a 3D scanner, providing unprecedented image quality for CT scans in 2006.
- The AlluraClarity interventional X-ray system, which offers excellent visibility at low X-ray dose levels in 2012.
This has been growth level and innovations the Philips company has gone through and is still in the business of products, innovations, and trying to make life a lot better for humanity. However, the “Electronics” in the company’s name was dropped in 2013 because of its refocusing from consumer electronics to healthcare technology.
One the Philips website, the products are all grouped according to their use and functions. Here are all the categories of products and the items being sold under each.
- Oral Healthcare: electric toothbrushes, toothbrush heads, Philips Sonicare airflows, teeth whitening, fresh breath, and learn more about oral health.
- For men: men’s grooming, face shavers, oneblade – trim, edge and shave, face stylers and grooming kits, hair clippers, body groomers, and accessories, and replacements.
- For women: beauty, hair removal, and skincare accessories.
- Personal health: light therapy, medical Alert Systems, and medication Dispensing Service
- Drinks: coffee.
- Prepare & Cook: Kitchen Appliances, Airfryer Collection, Indoor Smoke-less Grill, Pasta Maker Collection, High-Speed Power Blender, Soup Maker. Hand Blender, cooking accessories.
- Air Care: Air purifier and Air humidifier.
- Cooking Tips, How To’s, & Recipes: content hub.
Mother & Child Care
- Guidance & Support: healthcare professionals, insurance breast pump, and parents guide.
- For Babies: shop avent bestsellers, breast pumps & care, baby bottles & nipples, bottle warmers & sterilizers, starter & baby gift sets, pacifiers, pacifiers with plush toy holders, and baby monitors & thermometers.
- For Toddlers: Toddlers’ sippy cups.
- Medical alert systems: lifeline
- Respiratory care: asthma management, and COPD solutions.
- Sleep: smart sleep, light therapy, and sleep apnea therapy.
- Hearing solutions: hearing aids.
- Philips Hue
- Consumer Lighting
Sound & Vision
- TV and video: TV, monitors, media players, and projectors.
- Audio: home audio, and headphones.
- Communication: landline phones, voice recorder, data storage, and computer accessories.
- Accessories: cables & connectivity, audio & video, batteries & chargers, power solutions, and mobile accessories.
- Car: car lights, bulb finder, headlights, signaling, and interior lighting, X-tremeVision, all car lights, and where to buy.
- Motorcycle: motorcycle lights, headlights, and all motorcycle headlights.
- Accessories: restoration kit, car air quality, and in-car audio.
Parts and Accessories
- Men’s shaving & grooming accessories
- Mother and child care
- Household accessories
- Women’s beauty accessories
- Personal care accessories
- Coffee appliances accessories and parts
These are the different products made by the company and their different categories and usage. This range is not limited to this as the company is yet to produce more products for our services.
My Philips refers to the personal account created online with the Philips Company for your own benefits. Creating an online account with Philips gives room and access to some of their products, exclusive promotions, private sales events, notifications on new products or products in stock, and available for purchase and other fun tips from Philips.
How To Create A Philips Account
Creating a Philips account is liken by the company and joining the Philips family. You can also buy products directly from the company via their webpage. The following would guide you on how to open an online account with Philips.
- Firstly, get details like your active email address, a preferred password, and names.
- Go to Philips.
- Click on “For consumers” and then on “Products” or “Shop”. This would take you to a location selector page.
- Select your location by clicking on your country.
- Locate “My Philips” and click on it.
- Click on “register my account” or “create an account” depending on what your location or country uses.
- Follow the process by imputing your details and then subscribe to receiving notifications if you want.
Logging in to your account is quite easy. Do the following;
- Follow the steps to create an account from the first step to the fifth step.
- Then click on ”Login”.
- Impute the email you used for creation and the password you used too.
And you have successfully logged in to your My Philips online account. The major benefits of the My Philips account are that;
- Get product warranty coverage.
- Qualify for promotions and special offers.
- Get easy access to product support.
These are benefits are to be enjoyed by everyone that has an online account with the Philips company.