PayPal International is available in more than 200 countries/regions and supports 25 currencies, so congratulations!! You can send and receive payments easily over borders and language barriers. Paypal is here for you, wherever, whenever you are.
PayPal international helps you send money in seconds with PayPal and reload phones instantly or pay an international bill with Xoom, which is a Paypal service.
Why Paypal International?
Here are the reasons you should transfer money internationally with PayPal.
- You can send money in seconds with PayPal and reload phones instantly or pay an international bill with Xoom, which is a Paypal service.
- Paypal international comes with security, which means your transfers happen in a secure place.
- It comes with simplicity because it allows you to send money with ease, internationally the way you want to without hassles.
- It is quick, and efficient which means the transfers can happen quicker than you expect.
- If you send money internationally to an existing PayPal account, the funds go quickly into the recipient’s account and can be withdrawn or spent quickly by the recipient
- Send money to any bank account with Xoom, which is a Paypal service. Recipients do not need a bank account.
- Send cash for pickup at thousands of partner locations around the globe with Xoom, a Paypal service, as well as in select countries. You can send money directly to your recipient’s door.
- Pay your bills or reload mobile phones with Xoom.
- You get charged with straightforward fees for sending money internationally.
Above are some of the reasons you should use PayPal International.
Below are more reasons you should use PayPal International.
- With Paypal Money Pools, you can easily create a page for people to chip in on gifts special events etc.
- You can request money from your friends, family and even customers using Paypal which is a trusted brand.
- Securely send money online to anyone who has a Paypal account around the globe.
There you have it. Some of the reasons to use PayPal International.
How to Transfer Money with PayPal International
Yea, Paypal works internationally and allows you to transfer funds between more than 200 different countries. However, Paypal’s international transfers do not come free of charge, thus you will have to check what fees apply within your country of choice. Also, PayPal provides you with the information you need as regards the currency exchange rate for any country you decide to transfer to. It also gives you the ability to reload a cell phone for someone abroad.
If you want to transfer internationally with Paypal the transfer fee is 5% of the transfer amount, with a minimum charge of 99 cents as well as a maximum of $4.99 if you decide to transfer from your bank account or PayPal balance.
If you happen to use a debit or credit card in transferring money, then there is no fee limit and you’ll have to pay an additional 2.9% funding fee plus a fixed fee that is determined by the country you are sending it to.
Transfer Money Internationally with PayPal
Below is how to send money Internationally using PayPal.
- Visit paypal.com and sign in to your account.
- Scroll to the ‘Send and Request’ button in the top toolbar and thereafter choose ‘More ‘
- Tap on the ‘Send Money’ beneath the ‘Send Money Abroad’ option.
- Choose a country from the drop-down menu and tap on ‘Next’
- Choose how you want the funds delivered from the list of options available in that country.
- If you want to send money to someone who does not have a Paypal account, you will be redirected to the website Xoom, where you will have to follow the on-screen prompts to process your transfer.
- If you are using a Paypal-based transfer, key in the amount and currency for the transfer.
- If you are deciding on a Paypal-based transfer, you will automatically be shown how much the recipient will receive after fees and currency conversion. If it is the right amount, just tap on ‘Next’
- Add the recipient’s phone number or email address, and thereafter tap on ‘Next’
- If the person you are sending money to is not in your contact book, add a note to your recipient’s name and country of residence, then review your transfer and tap on ‘Continue’ when you are ready.
- Then tap on the ‘Send Payment Now’ option to complete the transfer.
Above is how to send money internationally using Payal.
Accepting International Payments on PayPal
If there are currencies you do not wish to add to your account, you have to decide whether or not to accept payments automatically or manually. Now, this depends on the conversion of the currency into your domestic one.
On the other hand, you can choose to ‘deny the payments’ or ‘ask’ whether to accept or deny such individual payment’.
In case you wish to ensure payments from clients are received without delay and do not want to check each and every payment gotten from these non added currencies. To achieve this, simply click on the ‘Yes option, accept and convert them’ option, and save your preferences.
Sellers in the US, have the ‘Ask me’ option as default, while on the other hand, EU Sellers will be defaulted to ‘Yes, accept’. It is recommended that you clearly check your settings to ensure the accurate ones are enabled).
Accepting International Payments on PayPal
Below is how you can receive international payments using PayPal.
- Sign into your PayPal account
- Tap on the Business Profile icon close to ‘Log Out’ and choose Profile and Settings.
- Tap on My Selling Tools’
- In order to enable International payments, untick the Block payments from users who ‘Have non-US (UK, etc.) Paypal accounts’.
There you can now receive International Payments. Thereafter you have to add the Currencies you want to your Account. This varies depending on if you have a Business or Private Account.
For Private (non-Commercial) Paypal Account Users – How to Add International Currencies:
Below is how to add PayPal currencies for private account users.
- Sign in to your PayPal account
- Tap on Wallet
- Then tap on Paypal Balance
- On the subsequent pop up, just tap on Manage Currencies
- On the following page, Add Currency.
Now you are all set. Paypal account is ready to receive International payments in currencies of your choice.
No matter where you are in the world and wherever you want to either send or receive payments from, Paypal International has you covered.