PayPal and Apple pay are both online platforms that help you carry out online transactions. Apple Pay is a mobile payment and a digital wallet service by Apple Inc. which allows users to make payments in person, in iOS apps, and also on the web.
PayPal is an online payment system that supports online money transfers and also acts as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites and many other commercial users.
PayPal and Apple Pay
The PayPal is an easy way to get paid on the web and can be used as an online credit card processor. Apple Pay, on the other hand, is an easy point of the sale payment system, web payments. The payer must be using an Apple device and the payee must have a compatible terminal and accept credit card payments. So PayPal and Apple pay are very different.
How to add PayPal to Apple Pay
Adding PayPal to your apple pay will make your purchases deduct from your PayPal account. Note that not all stores accept apple pay. Here is how to add PayPal to apple pay.
- Open your device settings and tap on your name.
- Tap on iTunes and App store.
- Tap on your Apple ID and a menu will appear.
- From the menu tap on View Apple ID.
- Enter your security code or use Touch ID and the account screen will appear.
- Tap on payment information.
- From the list of payment information that appear, tap on PayPal.
- Tap log in to PayPal.
- Follow the on-screen instructions step by step in order to add PayPal and once you are done with the process PayPal would be set as your default Apple payment method.
Use apple pay in stores to make your PayPal payment the steps are different depending on your iPhone.
How to Pay in-store with PayPal on iPad or iPhone
You can pay for goods or items in many stores using the PayPal app. Here is how to pay in-store with PayPal on iPhone or iPad.
- Open PayPal on your iPhone or iPad.
- Sign in to your account. By filling in your log in details which is your email address and password.
- Scroll down and tap “in store”.
- Select the store.
- Select a payment method.
Show the cashier the payment code and the cashier will validate the code to process your payment.
How to add Money to AppleCash
You can add money to your balance using the debit or prepaid cards that are already use with Apple Pay in wallet. Here is how to add money
- Go to your card information.
- Tap on add money and enter the amount with a minimum of ten dollars.
- Tap on Add and then confirm the U.S. debit or prepaid card that you want to use to add money. To use a different debit or prepaid card.
- Tap on the arrow next to your card and then choose a card.
- Confirm with your face ID, passcode or touch ID.
To be sure that your balance is updating you will need a cellular or Wi-Fi connection.
How to View your Apple Pay Balance
Here is how to view your Apple pay balance.
- Open the Wallet app and then tap your apple cash card.
- Open the setting app, tap wallet and apple pay then tap your apple cash card.
- Apple watch. To do these double click on the side button and swipe to your apple Cash card.
And you have successfully checked your apple pay balance.
PayPal Account Registration
You will have to open a PayPal account if you do not have one, so you will be able to add your PayPal to your Apple pay.
- Visit the PayPal website paypal.com or the mobile app.
- Click on sign up for free or tap on sign up.
- Enter your email address and create a super-strong password that cannot be easily known.
- Fill out the form with your personal information and make sure you are using your legal details.
- Enter your credit or debit card. This is optional but you will have to enter it at some point to verify your account.
- Enter your bank account information. You will a bank account linked if you want to receive money and want to be able to transfer it to your bank. (optional)
- Apply for credit. Before taken to your account summary you will be asked to apply for credit, this is optional but if you want to apply make sure to read the terms carefully.
You can click on no thanks if you wish not to apply. Now you will be taken to your account summary.