Of recent, there are lots of posts about the ‘Off Facebook Activity’ feature. With several captions saying that this allows users tracking of their activities outside Facebook including bank apps, email, and Google searches.
But what’s the ‘Off FB Activity’ feature, and will you be worried about your data? Here are some of my gathered information about the Off FB Activity, and I sure hope it helps.
Off Facebook Activity
On January 28, 2020, or the info Privacy Day, The social media introduced new features for the platform. This provides users more control over their data and privacy.
Mark Zuckerberg explained in a note that other businesses send information about user activity on their sites. They then uses that information to point out targeted ads.
This tool shows you a summary of that information. And allows you to clear it from your account if you would like to.
Off Facebook Activity Tool
Before the social media was introduced this feature, users haven’t any way of seeing what information was being sent to the social media from other apps and websites.
The tool gives you a window thereto activity and a few degrees of control. By giving users access to wipe off their off-Facebook activity from their account. However, the effect is simply almost like clearing your browser history or going incognito.
The social media mentions within the app that once you disconnect your account from off-FB activity (which may take 48 hours). Though FB will still get your activity from the companies and organizations you visit later on.
Facebook Offline Activity
Turning off this feature will log you out of apps and websites where you logged in using FB. This will also prevent users from logging into apps and websites with FB.
And you’ll still see an equivalent number of ads. Since you’re still using FB, the corporate will use your current ad preferences. Also, because of the actions, you’re taking on FB, to point out your relevant ads.
Steps To Turn Off “Off-Facebook Activity” On Facebook App
Facebook gives users access to the ‘Off-FB activity’ tool from the mobile app. Here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Tap the menu icon from the bottom-left corner of the Facebook app.
- Scroll down a touch and tap the “Settings & Privacy” option.
- Now, tap the “Settings” option.
- Scroll right down to locate the “Off-Facebook Activity” tool under the Your Facebook Information header.
- Select the tool then tap on “More” options.
- You’ll now see a dialogue box that has the “Manage Future Activity” option. Tap that option then continue the “Manage Future Activity” button.
- Now, toggle off the button next to the longer-term off-Facebook activity title to show off your future ‘off-Facebook activity’ tracking.
The disconnection will happen within 48 hours from when you’ve turned off the ‘off-FB activity’ tracking from your account.
It’s worth noting that if you select to show off the longer-term activity for all apps and websites, your past ‘off-FB activity’ also will be disconnected.
Steps To Turn Off “Off-Facebook Activity” on Facebook Web
Below are the steps that you simply can fancy close up your ‘off-Facebook activity’ on the web platform www.facebook.com.
- Enter the URL facebook.com on your web browser.
- Log in to your account on the Facebook site then click on the down arrow from the highest right of the screen.
- Click on the “Settings & Privacy” option and select the “Settings” option.
- Now, click on “Your Facebook Information” from the left column then on the “Off-Facebook Activity” option. You can as well directly visit the Off-Facebook activity page after logging in to your FB account.
- Click “More” options from the proper sidebar then select “Manage Future Activity”. You’ll now see a pop-up screen from where you would like to click on the “Manage Future Activity” button.
- Now, click on the button next to the longer-term Off-FB Activity choice to close up the ‘off-FB activity’.
You can also close up your future ‘off-FB activity’ data for selected apps or websites. For this, you would like to click on Manage Your Off-FB Activity from the ‘Off-FB Activity’ page.
You will be prompted to enter your profile password again. And then, you can decide on either app or website that you want to review.
More Related Posts