Are you tired of political ads clogging up your Facebook page? The New Facebook and Instagram Options Let US Users Turn Off Political Ads. Facebook has recently announced that it is now letting users turn off political ads on both their Facebook and Instagram feeds. Facebook has faced lots of criticism since the 2016 U.S. presidential election. These critics believe politicians use this medium to spread half-truths and blatant lies in political ads. With many of these words hitting on Facebook, it has been made an option for users in the U.S. Facebook users to turn off the political ads option. There are a series of steps to follow if you don’t want to get these ads anymore.
New Facebook and Instagram Options Let US Users Turn Off Political Ads
Now ahead of the U.S. presidential election in November, Facebook will now allow U.S. users to turn off seeing political ads in their Facebook and Instagram feeds. This feature is made available to users as a part of its preparation for the 2020 U.S. election.
Note that the feature of turning off the political ads option isn’t made available for all users yet. It was recently made available to the U.S users.
Facebook Political Ads
The Facebook political ad is a means of the country’s political bodies sharing their news to Facebook users. These ads were made a most to see by Facebook users to bring more voters to the political bodies. Just like the Covid-19 information center, the Voting Information Centre has been trending on the Facebook platform of the United States users.
Just like advertising on Facebook the political ad center was made to draw the US citizens about their manifesto. Hereby, allowing Facebook users to cast in their vote to them to enable the political body to win.
How to Turn Off the Political Ads Option on Facebook
Now here is how the US Facebook users can turn off the political ads option on the Facebook platform:
- Launch the Facebook mobile app.
- Sign in your account using your username and password.
- Tap on the menu button from the Facebook home page.
- Then tap on Settings.
- Tap on the Ad Preferences option, and then tap on Ad Topics.
- From the popup menu, tap on See fewer ads about this topic.
You can also turn it off directly through a political ad in your Facebook feed. Use the below steps:
- Tap on any of the political ad you come across in your Facebook feed (it is marked as “Paid by” a political campaign, candidate, or group).
- Then tap on the Confirmed Organization button.
- From the popup menu, tap see fewer ads about this topic.
And after that, you will be turned off from the particular political ad on Facebook.
How to Turn Off the Political Ads Option on Instagram
For Instagram, here is the method to turn off the political ad option:
- Launch the Instagram application.
- Sign in to your account and go to your profile section.
- Tap on the menu button.
- Then tap on Settings.
- Go to the Ads section, from which you tap on Topics Preferences.
- Tap on Social Issues, Elections or Politics.
- Then Tap on Save.
Also to turn it off directly from the news feed follow the below steps:
- Tap on any of the political ad you see on the news feed.
- Then tap on the “Paid for by” button.
- From the popup menu, tap on see fewer ads like this.
And that is how you can turn the political ads option from the Instagram application. With this, your political ad views will be turned off.