New accessibility features coming to halo infinite. Reports show that users should expect settings like the enhanced colorblind features and assisted steering controls.
New Accessibility Features Coming To Halo Infinite
343 industries have been reported to add improved accessibility features to halo infinite in a blog post shared by Xbox “343 industries goals is to make the newest journey into the Halo universe more accessible to as many gamers as possible. That includes those who are brand-new to the halo franchise, as well as those who struggled to play due to barriers that hadn’t previously been accounted for.”
The features added include accessibility standards like enhanced colorblind settings and the ability to rebind keyboard, mouse, and gamepad controls. The company is also adding new innovations such as the movement-assisted steering feature. This very feature allows users to add more controls to help them steer vehicles like the mongoose and the warthog.
List Of Halo Infinite Accessibility Features
For a more simplified look into the new features added, here is a list of halo infinite accessibility features;
- Adjustment to the background opacity
- Adjustment of the font size
- Enablement of color coding of dialogue per speaker
- Choose whether you would like subtitles for all dialogues or just the dialogue related to the narrative in the campaign.
- The option of changing the friendly and enemy colors to include more options than just the red versus blue colors.
- Customize the menu and the gameplay font size.
- A menu narration with an adjustable narration speed for those who commonly use screen readers.
- Linear navigation role (new). This new role allows users to move through the UI without needing to see how the controls are positioned on-screen to access them.
- More added UI settings such as the heads-up display (HUD) and reticle opacity making it easier to identify information in the HUD.
- Speech to text and text to speech options for players who want to participate in voice chat or need to synthesized voice or receive voice chat as-synthesized text.
- Customizations for players to easily control the in-game sound experience via different volume sliders for a variety of sounds in the game.
- Movement-assisted steering feature. The feature lets players use additional controls to help steer wheeled vehicles rather than just the classic “look-to-steer mechanic.”
- Customizability for the controller and keyboard and mouse to rebind keys, sensitivity adjustment, and change to taps and toggles versus holds.
In Halo infinite, you should know that accessibility and inclusion are not limited to the game’s settings. 343 industries teamed up with disabled service member group Warfighter engaged to design prosthetic customization options for players that create their own Spartans.
These new features for halo infinite are part of the greater push at Xbox and also across the gaming industry to be more accessible to players of all abilities. Microsoft launched a program this year that makes developers have their games tested and evaluated for their accessibility.
Xbox says “accessibility is a journey, and 343 industries will continue to update halo infinite in ways that empower as many people as possible to battle alongside the master chief
When Will Halo Infinite Launch
The game, halo infinite will be launched on the 8th of December.