This article is all about Netlify. Netlify is a platform for developing web that multiplies productivity. As time passes and life changes, so does the web. The web or the internet, as it is most commonly referred to, has broadened and just about everyone, and anything can be found there. Creating a website in this digital world is now very necessary. Every brand, name, businesses or companies are now into getting themselves a webpage to represent them on the net. Netlify is a recent platform not older than 10 years but has gained ground and made an impact with its products and services.
This platform was created by Mathias Biilmann and Christian Bach on the 7th of February, 2014. The company currently has its headquarters in San Francisco, United States of America. The platform of Netlify is not restricted to any region or area because its services and products are used worldwide.
The CEO of Netlify is Mathias Biilmann while Christian Bach is the president of the company. The employees of the company Netlify are over ninety (90) persons all working to make the platform more useful and productive to its users.
The products and services offered on the platform to users produced positive results and made the platform popular from its testimonies. Some of the products of the platform are;
- Netlify CMS.
- Netlify Drop.
- The Netlify Build.
- Netlify Dev.
- Netlify Edge.
The services offered by Netlify are as follows;
- Connect your repositories.
- Automate your builds.
- Deploy to our edge network.
- Customize with Netlify add-ons and third-party integrations.
Benefits Of Using Netlify
The benefits of using Netlify are numerous and we have picked out a handful for you. These benefits include;
- Push your site live: Netlify would deploy your site to an ultra-redundant global application delivery network that is purpose-built for serving pages and assets quickly and consistently.
- Automate deployment: Netlify is built-in continuous development automatically runs your build commands and deploys the result whenever you push to your Git repository.
- Add a custom domain: through Netlify you can buy a custom domain or add a domain you already own. You can also manage DNS zones and records using Netlify’s DNS hosting.
- HTTPS is automatic: Via Netlify, your site will automatically be secured with a free TLS certificate from Let’s Encrypt.
- Preview your changes: you can preview the changes you must have made using Netlify and see what the changes look like. You can also get a unique and permanent URL whenever you submit a pull request.
- API-driven functionality: Netlify takes your website to the next level by using the API-driven functionality. It can also handle all the complicated server setup and integration.
Netlify enables a ten times faster path to much more performant, secure, and scalable websites and applications. Netlify has on-boarded more than half a million businesses and developers, and are building and serving millions of web projects daily around the globe.
Knowing Netlify is used to power modern web project, the internet users and website owners are usually drawn to it for all its features and functions. The features are open to individuals and teams alike. The features, mostly the basic features, on the Netlify platform are free, however, some of the pro and business features come at a price.
The pricing for the usage of these features is charged on a monthly basis. This somewhat subscription gives you unlimited access to the features you have paid for. After the duration of the payment elapses, you would be required to subscribe again to continue the access.
The features on Netlify are numerous and have a broad range of functions. The features are divided into three different groups. These groups are the starter, pro, and business.
- Starter: the features grouped here are great for hosting personal projects, hobby sites, or experiments. They usually come are no coast and are meant for individuals and added teams member attracts a fee. The features contain one concurrent build. 100GB bandwidth and 300 build minutes per month, continuous deployment, and access to add-ons.
- Pro and: the features here are for pro developers building pilot projects or small sites. The features include the starter features too and allows 3 team members, 3 concurrent builds, 400GB bandwidth and 1000 build minutes per month, Slack & email notifications, password-protected sites, expert email support, and 7-day log history. All these come are a subscription rate per month.
- Business: this is the highest, most essential, and in-demand features offered by the Netlify. It offers custom packages designed for the needs of your company. The features include pro features plus 5+ team members, 600GB+ bandwidth per month, high-performance builds with SLAs, security (SSO, RBAC, DDoS mitigation), 24x7x365 premium support SLA options, enterprise-grade global edge, and 99.99% uptime SLA. These features also come are a contact sales on a monthly basis.
To login into your Netlify account you must have had an account. If you do not have one, then you have to create it. to log in to your Netlify account, do the following;
- Open the webpage.
- Click on login. This would take you to the login page on the site.
- Type in your email address or log in with any of the links you used in signing up.
- Type in your password used during creation and login.
You will be logged in to your online Netlify account if the login information provided is correct.
Netlify Sign Up
To sign up;
- Click on sign up on the website homepage. The sign up is located on the top right corner of the homepage.
- Click on any of the options you want to use to sign up. And follow the prompt instructions.
If the instructions are followed carefully and according, you would be able to successfully create your very own Netlify online account and you can start enjoying all the features offered you.
The Netlify application is available for mobile phone users (android and iOS devices), can be easily installed in these devices, and performs the same function as the website version. With the application, you are no longer limited to place but can keep up with the setting up of your site and projects on the go.
To get the application, you can visit your Google Play Store or Apple Store, search for the Netlify, and download, depending on the one your mobile device supports.
Recommended: Freshbooks – Freshbooks Pricing | Freshbooks Login