Applications are ongoing for the NBR Chinese Language Fellowship Program 2023/2024. The Application Guidelines for the NBR Fellowship are stated below, keep reading!
NBR Chinese Language Fellowship Program for Ph.D. students is funded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York. Basically, about two types of fellowships are awarded to American graduate students for one academic year of full-time intensive Chinese language training, generally in Taiwan or China.
NBR Chinese Language Fellowship Program
The National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR) organizes this program as a nationwide initiative to support American Ph.D. students with up to $50,000 in other for them to commit 1 year of their time to intensive Chinese language training at a Chinese or Taiwan institution chosen by the fellow.
NBR Chinese Language Fellowship Program is designed to cover all tuition and other registration/visa fees related to a student’s intensive Chinese language program. Additionally, the program provides a generous stipend to cover living and travel costs.
Summary of WNBR Chinese Language Fellowship Program
- Type: Research Program
- Host Organization: The National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 21, 2023
- Duration: Ten Months
About National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR)
The National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR) is an independent research institution, it is located in Seattle and Washington, D.C.
NBR offers world-class scholarship to carry on the evolving strategic environment in Asia through original, policy-relevant research. The Organization invests in its future by training the next generation of Asia specialists.
This is done with power, risk, and opportunity concentrating in Asia. Furthermore, critical issues that America’s leaders need to understand are being tackled because the decisions they make matter and the stakes are high.
The NBR’s programme team will work with fellowship recipients as they apply to their chosen language programmes. Subsequently, Awards will be disbursed in August, expecting that awardees will travel to Asia to commence their classes in September.
Benefits of NBR Chinese Language Fellowship Program 2023/2024
The prestigious Chinese Language Fellowship offers two types of fellowships namely;
- A PhD Track that awards up to $50,000. It allows enrolled PhD students to participate in a language programme of their choice in Taiwan or China for ten months, followed by a summer language programme which will require fellows to take classes related to their dissertation research.
- The Second fellowship is a Prospective PhD Track that awards up to $40,000 and allows Master’s degree students who are looking to enroll for the PhD program on a language programme of their choice in China/Taiwan for a duration of 10 months.
How to Apply for the NBR Chinese Language Fellowship Program 2023/2024
- All Interested and qualified candidates can simply visit the National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR) on nbr.applicantpro.com to apply
- For more details, visit NBR website at: https://nbr.applicantpro.com/jobs/2612048.html
Eligibility Criteria for NBR Chinese Language Fellowship Program
All the qualified applicants for the Chinese Language Fellowship are expected to meet the requirements below:
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent resident in other to be considered
- Applicant must PhD student, with a focus on China and policy.
- Expected to demonstrate an intermediate Chinese language ability
- Must have desire to advance public policy toward China through improved expertise and understanding, or to contribute to scholarly research and teaching on China in order to develop future generations of China specialists.
Documents Required for Application
- Resume (Two-page)
- A letter addressing how their proposed Chinese language program will contribute to their language training, doctoral studies, and future plans (Two pages)
- A Recommendation letter issued by an academic supervisor or professor
- Recommendation letter issued by a Chinese language teacher.
- Soft copy of transcripts from all educational institutions currently being attending or from which a degree was received
- Completed application form, answering questions about academic experiences, Chinese language skills, and Chinese language classes are taken.
February 21, 2023