Want to know about the Missouri EBT Card Guide? The Missouri food stamp scheme offers you and your family to buy the food needed for good health. You can buy food from most of the grocery stores and other retailers that sell food. If you are able to meet the set guidelines required for the program, you will be offered a debit card that’s special (EBT Card). Although, the debit card comes with a specified amount of money already deposited in it to make payments for food. Moreover, the amount of money you can get in the EBT card depends on three things which are, the household income from all sources (earned and unearned) such as money you get from a job, SSI, security, or interest. How many people live in your household and where you live?
Read Also >>> How to Use Google Pay on your Android Devices
Missouri EBT Card Guide
You can make use of the Missouri EBT card at most groceries, specified senior centers, and some meal delivery services such as meals on wheels. The Missouri EBT card works just like our normal everyday debit card. You buy the groceries needed by using your EBT card and the total cost of what you bought is deducted from your benefits account through the EBT card. The stamp benefits are on a monthly basis.
How To Use Your EBT Card (Stamp Benefits)
When a household is privileged to be among the eligible stamp beneficiaries, the amount of the benefit is entirely based on the USDA’s “Thrifty Food Plan”. Adjustment is been made on the amount each year according to the U.S Department of Labor’s study on the food cost. The food stamp benefits can only be used to purchase food and food products. The food stamp benefits cannot be withdrawn from your benefits account as cash, because it is mainly for the purpose of purchasing food.
The stamp benefits card (EBT Card) cannot be used to purchase items like alcohol, tobacco, hot instant prepared food, medicines, supplements and vitamins, non-food items such as paper products, soap, or pet food. Although, the exception is been made for the elderly who are 60 years and above to pay for home-delivered meals and other meals varieties prepared for elderly persons.
How to Apply for the Stamp Benefits
Below is the application process of the Missouri stamp benefits procedures listed step by step:
- Firstly submit an application. Apply online using the myDSS web portal. You may likely email or fax a paper application to the family support division (FSD)
- Secondly, submit your information verification.
- Then finally, complete an interview. By being on the lookout for a call from the family support division within a period of three days after the submission of your application. Or better still you can place a call on the following number, 1-855-823-4908 to round up your SNAP interview.
- Criteria for the SNAP Benefits;
- Below are some of the criteria for needed for you to be eligible;
- You need to have a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $3,251.
- You need to have a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $2001.
- A person of 60 years and above
- A person with a disability could be your child, spouse, the parent, or even yourself.
For more information on the application process, simply visit this link; https://mydss.mo.gov/media/pdf/food-stamp-application.