Matalan Locations and Online Store – Matalan is a British fashion retailer based in Knowsley, Merseyside. Would you like to know more about this fashion retail company? If yes, this article will provide you with information about this company.
Matalan is a British fashion retailer founded in 1985 by John Hargreaves and still owned by the Hargreaves family. The company opened its first store at Bamber Bridge, near Preston, Lancashire. As of 1995, they had over 50 stores, and they later moved their headquarters from Preston to Skelmersdale, also located in Lancashire. They mainly deal in items for women, men, girls, boys, babies, homeware, and school uniforms.
In 1998, the company was controlled by a public owner but was later taken back as a private company by Lancashire in 2006. The headquarters of the company was later moved from its former location to Knowsley, Merseyside, in 2014. As of 2020, the company employs over 13,000 people and operates over 230 stores in the United Kingdom, as well as some in the Middle East. The company made a whopping sum of £1.1 billion in 2019 in terms of revenue.
Let’s take a look at the company’s online platform.
Matalan has two online platforms due to their locations in the United Kingdom and the Middle East. Their online platform for users in the United Kingdom can be accessed at www.matalan.co.uk, while users in the Middle East can access their website at www.matalanme.com. The platforms are well designed, with a good user interface for easy accessibility by users.
On the platform, there is a search bar that can be used to find items with ease. Users can easily create an account, shop for items of their choice, place orders, and track their orders. The website also contains links to the company’s social media accounts on different social media platforms, which include Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. The platform also has a feature that can be used to locate stores near you.
Matalan Near me
Finding a Matalan store near you is not difficult. With the “Store Finder” feature available on their online platform, you can easily locate a Matalan store near you. The step below will guide you on how to locate a Matalan store using their website:
- With an internet-connected device, open a browser.
- Go to the www.matalan.co.uk page on your device.
- On the homepage, locate the “Store Finder” option on the top-right side of the page and click on it.
- Once the page for that option opens, enter your address, city, and postcode, or you can click on the “USE MY LOCATION” button if your device location is turned on.
- Once you have entered your location, click on the “FIND” button.
Once the search is complete, you will get a list of Matalan stores located near you.
Matalan Account Sign-Up
For you to access the main features like shopping and many more on the Matalan website, you must first create an account. The steps below will guide you on how to create an account on the Matalan website.
- Open the matalan.co.uk website on your device.
- Once the homepage opens, locate the “My Account” option on the top right side of the page and click on it.
- On the following page, you should see two form sections for existing and new customers.
- Enter your email under the “New Customer” form, and click on the “Continue Securely” button.
- You will be required to fill out a registration form on the next page.
- Enter your first name, last name, email, and password.
- Click on the check box below the form to get news, updates offers, and promotions about Matalan via email.
- Check the I’m not a robot box to continue the process.
- Click on the “Create Account” button.
Matalan Account Sign-in
Once you have an account on the Matalan online platform, you can sign in to your account on any device. All you need are the email and password you registered with. The process is not difficult, but if you are confused about how to sign in, you can follow the steps below to sign in to your account:
- On your device, navigate to matalan.co.uk.
- On the page, locate the “My Account” button.
- On the next page, enter your email and password under the “Existing Customer Form.”
- Click on the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Lastly, click on the “Continue Securely” button.
If the information you provided is correct, you will be given access to your account.
Matalan Account Password Forgotten
Some people tend to forget the password they registered the account with. That doesn’t mean you will need to create a new account. The step below will show you how to reset your password:
- Open the homepage of the Matalan website,
- Locate the “My Account” button.
- Under the existing customer account, click on the “Forgotten your password?” link.
How to Shop for Items on the Matalan Website
One of the main purposes of using the Matalan website is for users to shop for items online. Since the website has a well-designed interface, they can easily make use of it. If you are finding it hard to shop for items on the platform, you can follow the steps below:
- Open the Matalan website on your device.
- Log in to your account.
- Make use of the search bar to find any item of your choice, or you can sort by category and select any item you want.
- On the next page, you can view the pictures of the item, read the item description, and select a size (for clothes and footwear).
- Once you have made your choice, click on the “ADD TO BAG” button.
- Once the next page opens, click on the “Checkout” button.
- Select your delivery option (home delivery or click and collect).
- Click on the “Next Step” button.
- Enter your mobile number and your city, address, or postcode to find a store for your delivery.
Proceed to make payment, and your item will be delivered to you based on the delivery option you selected.
How to View Your Shopping Cart on the Matalan Website
A shopping cart is like a bag that contains all the items you have selected. You might have selected different items while shopping online on the Matalan website; those items will be stored in a shopping cart. The steps below will show you how to access your shopping cart on the Matalan website.
- On the navigation bar of the homepage of the Matalan website, locate the “View Bag” option.
- Click on the “View Bag” option.
- A new page will appear, displaying all of the items you added to your bag while shopping.
- Following that, you must enter your email address.
- Click on the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
You will receive an email shortly. Follow the rest of the on-screen process to reset your password. In case you didn’t receive an email, you can click on the “Resend Email” button.
Matalan Opening Hours
The opening hours of Matalan stores vary depending on the store’s location in the United Kingdom or the Middle East. The stores in the United Kingdom are usually open from Monday to Saturday from 09:00 to 20:00 and on Sundays from 11:00 to 17:00. You can always visit their online store to shop for at items any time.
Matalan Customer Service
If you have any issue or complaint about Matalan’s services or items, you can find their customer service number or email, which you can use to contact them and lodge your complaint on their online platform. You can find their customer service information and email address at www.matalan.co.uk/customer-services.
Frequently Asked Questions
What cards can I use for payment on the Matalan online store?
Visa Credit Cards, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa Credit Cards, and American Express are among the cards that can be used to make payments online when you shop on the Matalan online store.
Who owns Matalan?
Matalan was established in 1985 and is owned by John Hargreaves and his family.
Can I return an item to Matalan after 14 days?
Yes, you can return your item within 14 days of purchase for a refund. When returning the item, you should bring the original receipt. It must be in the same condition it was purchased, and all tags, labels, and packaging must be intact. You will be refunded the money based on the payment method you used to purchase the item.
Can anyone use Matalan?
You must be at least 16 years old to be able to purchase products from the Matalan online store.
Can I shop by category on the Matalan website?
Yes, on the Matalan online platform, you can shop for items based on these categories:
- WOMEN JEANS
- MENS SUITS
- Baby Girl Clothes
- KIDS NIGHTWEAR
- BEDDING SETS
- Baby boy clothes
- Baby Girl Clothes
- HOME ACCESSORIES
- Men’s Jumpers and Knitwear
What Brands Are Available at Matalan?
Some popular brands you can find at Matalan include;
- Ivory Rose
- Girls on the Firm
- File Sport
These are some of the many brands you can find at Matalan.