Facebook now has a marketplace, and it is located in the Facebook app. it allows Facebook users to buy and sell items easily. Marketplace on the Facebook app is a feature of Facebook that has made buy and selling easy and this app is free to use.
Marketplace on Facebook App
Marketplace on the Facebook app is a digital marketplace or an online store where Facebook users can purchase, sell, and trade items with other people in their community. The Facebook marketplace has brought people close together through its buying and selling feature.
Undoubtedly, there are risks when it comes to buying and selling. But facebook marketplace is one online store that you can trust and you should also try it out as you will not regret your actions.
There are rules that Facebook has set in place in order to make transactions safe. Also, it is possible to report sellers to Facebook.
Facebook tries its best to make the buying and selling experience a good one for Facebook users. But there are some things that Facebook strongly advises against.
It advises against sharing your personal information on its marketplace. Your personal information includes your payment login and password details or your bank account.
You are not also permitted to share your personal financial information for any reason, even if you want to make or accept a purchase.
And if you are selling electronics on the Facebook marketplace, ensure that you have cleared any personal information from the device.
Where to Find Marketplace on the Facebook App
Facebook marketplace is not a standalone app. it is located in the Facebook app. if you are using an android device, the marketplace icon is located at the of the Facebook page. While for an iOS device, the marketplace app is located at the bottom of your Facebook page.
If you cannot find the marketplace app on your Facebook page, it could be for some reasons and they may include;
- The Facebook marketplace has not yet been launched in your region.
- You are not up to the age required to use the marketplace on Facebook. The age requirement is 18 years and above.
- One reason can also be that, you just recently joined Facebook.
These are the possible reasons why you will not be able to find the marketplace app.
How to Use Marketplace on Facebook App
The Facebook marketplace can be used to sell items and also items can be bought from the marketplace.
Here is how to sell on the Facebook marketplace.
- First, you need to have a Facebook account. If you do not have a Facebook account, you are not eligible to access the Facebook marketplace.
- If you have a Facebook account already log in to your account.
- Click on the shop icon. The shop icon is the marketplace icon.
- Facebook will present you with more information before proceeding.
- You will need to add a photo of the item you want to sell. You need to ensure that your photos are clear enough to give a good view. And know that Facebook will not charge you for multiple photos.
- Next, you add a title. Ensure that your title clearly states what you are selling. Your title also should not be too long. There is a limit to words for your title, facebook imposes a 100-character limit.
- Add a description for your item. It should be a detailed description; it should also contain condition, size, color, and more.
- You are to add a tag price and it should be in your local currency.
- Add your location and your category.
This is all you need to do in order to use the Facebook marketplace to sell.
How to Buy Items on the Facebook Marketplace
Below are the steps on how to purchase items from the Facebook marketplace.
- Go to the marketplace icon from your Facebook page.
- And click on the item you want to buy.
- Then you message the seller.
- Both of you will have to strike a deal before you can get your product.
These are the steps on how to purchase an item from the Facebook marketplace.