Application for the Joint MA & PhD Scholarship program 2023 at Universität Leipzig is open for all African students, the program is on peace and security in Africa.
About Joint MA & PhD Scholarship
This is an opportunity for eligible African students to be part of a rare opportunity to participate in the Joint MA & PhD Scholarship experience, this scholarship engages graduates from two notable educational institutions in Africa & Europe (Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia and Leipzig University in Germany). These two Universities jointly offer 2 year MA program AND a 3 year PhD Program.
The Joint MA & PhD Scholarship program is carried out in Addis Ababa, and includes an organized semester at Leipzig University, center of excellence for research on processes of globalization and area studies.
Scholarship Details of Joint MA & PhD Scholarship
- Application Deadline: 15th February 2023
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- Study In (Country): Ethiopia & Germany
- Type of program: Masters, PhD
For the Master’s degree program:
1,800€ per term.
The program seeks to offer scholarship opportunities to talented students who finished their first academic degree (Bachelor) in social science, political science, history, international relations, law, humanities, and economics with good or very good results.
It is expected that students applying for this program should have an interest in peace and security and global affairs.
Eligibility Criteria For Joint MA & PhD Scholarship (Masters)
- The student applicant must have academic excellence
- Must be motivated, of academic potential and recommendation letters
- The match of the previous degree with the available Master’s course
- Work experience and professional qualification
- and language skills
How to Apply for Joint MA & PhD Scholarship (Masters)
The following documents would be required when applying for this scholarship:
- Application form: https://gesi.sozphil.uni-leipzig.de/fileadmin/media/Addis/Application_form-MA.pdf
- Original copy of high school leaving certificate
- A copy of the university diploma
- Transcript of records issued by prior university
- Evidence of language proficiency if English was not the language of instruction at your previous university
- CV two pages
- A letter of motivation
- An Evidence of an above-average certificate of higher education which qualifies for PhD studies (Master or the recognized equivalent from an accredited higher education institution)
- 3 year working plan including finances and logistics
- 2 letters of reference by professors, lecturers or employers
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Evidence of nationality (copy of passport)
- Proof of sufficient English skills
Worth of Award:
2.500 € per semester.
All applicants are encouraged to seek financial support / a scholarship from sources such as government institutions, employers, donor institutions, or non-governmental organizations