iPhone Mail. You can configure your e-mail account right on your iPhone with a different of taps. Apple has offered enough technical stuff that allows for access to email services.
Such as iCloud, Google Mail, AOL, Outlook.com, MS-Exchange, Yahoo. For the following e-mail services, you need to have your e-mail address and password.
However, you can also, add up an email account in your iPhone or any iOS either automatically or manually. This will enable you to access your account using your iPhone.
iPhone mail can be set up by using the mail app on your iOS device. However, it can be set up either automatically or manually as I mentioned before. To set up your iPhone mail automatically use the steps below :
If you are using email services such as Yahoo, Google, or iCloud, mail can be set up automatically with just your email address and password just like these steps:
- Get to Settings, click on Mail, then tap Accounts
- Click on Account, next, select your email service provider
- Key in your email address and Password
- Click on Next and wait for Mail for Verification of your account
- Select information from your email account, such as calendars, or Contacts
- Then Save.
If you cannot find your email service provider, then click on others to add your account manually (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201320#manuel)
To set up your account manually, ensure that you know the email settings of your account. If you do not know you can use the steps below or contact your email provider at https://support.apple.com/kb/Ht203995
Then just follow these steps here;
- Go to Settings, then Mail, click on Accounts
- Click on the Add Account, click Other, then click on Add Mail Account
- Enter your name, email address, password, and a description of your account.
- Click on Next.
Mail will find the email settings and complete your account setup. If your email settings is found by Mail, click on Done to conclude your account setup.
Email Account Settings Manually
If the mail app cannot find your email settings, the next thing is for you to enter them manually. Click on Next, then follow the steps below;
- Select IMAP or POP for the new account. If you do not know which one to choose, contact your email provider
- Key in the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server.
- Then click on Next
- If your email Settings are accurate, click on Save to complete. But if the email Settings are not accurate, you will be asked to edit them
However, if after all these you cannot setup your email account pr save your email settings, then contact your email provider at https://support.apple.com/kb/HT203995
Check Out >>> Yahoo Login – Yahoo Mail Sign Up | Yahoo Mail Login
How to set up an iCloud account on your iPhone
Follow these steps to set up your iCloud e-mail on your iPhone:
- Tap Settings on the Home screen, and then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- You have to scroll down — it’s right below iCloud.
- If you have no e-mail account, the Add Account screen opens directly.
- If you see iCloud in the Accounts list and Mail is listed beneath it, you are good to go!
- If you see iCloud but Mail isn’t listed or you don’t see iCloud at all but want to add it, tap Add Account and go to Step 3.
- Tap iCloud.
- iCloud recognizes the @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com e-mail address domains.
- Type in the e-mail address and password associated with your Apple ID and then tap the Next button.
- If you don’t have an Apple ID, click Get a Free Apple ID and follow the on-screen instructions to set one up.
- Your account is verified.
- The iCloud screen opens.
- A message asks if you want iCloud to use the Location of Your iPhone
- On the screen shown, you have a series of options and toggle switches that turn those options on. Turning an option on means that the information in that app is shared between your iPhone and iCloud and any other devices you access iCloud with, such as an iPad, Mac, or Windows PC.
- Any time you make changes to one of them on one device, the changes go up to the iCloud and rain down on the other device.
- Tap Mail On.
- Turn this on and you receive your iCloud mail on your iPhone.
How to set up Google Mail, Yahoo!, AOL, and Outlook.com accounts on your iPhone
Apple has already put the incoming and outgoing server information for the most popular e-mail providers on iPhone. If you use Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, or Outlook.com, do the following:
- Tap Settings on the Home screen, and then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars. You might have to scroll down — it’s right below iCloud.
- Tap Add Account.
- The Add Account screen opens.
- Tap the name of the account you use; for example, Google Mail, also known as Gmail.
- The Google Mail (or Yahoo! or AOL or Outlook.com) screen opens.
- Filling in the Name field is optional (Windows Live Hotmail doesn’t even have one). Type your e-mail address in the Address field and your password in the Password field.
- Tap the Next button in the upper right corner.
- Your account is verified.
- The Google Mail (or one of the others) screen opens. You have a few options to consider turning on or off, depending on the services you use. For our purposes, turn on Mail.
- This connects you to your e-mail account so that messages download to your iPhone in the Mail app and you can send messages from your e-mail account in Mail.
- Tap Save
Your account is added to the Accounts list of Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings.