You may be wondering how true is it that Instagram is letting people post on desktop, how possible is that? It is possible. You can now create, edit, filter, and post Instagram pics from a PC or Mac.
Instagram Is Letting Some People Post on Desktop: How Possible Is That
Instagram users have only been able to post stories from their phone app but now, they have added the ability to create and publish posts straight from your desktop.
according to 9to5Mac, the features have not been added to the iPad. But it slowly rolled out to Instagram users on Mac and PC.
How To Post to Instagram from Desktop for Free
- Sign into Instagram using https://www.instagram.com
- Right-click anywhere on the screen and click Inspect
- Click the tablet/phone icon
- Refresh the browser window
- Click the “+” button to create your post
- Post to Instagram from your computer
How to post from Safari
If you find it difficult to post on Safari on your desktop, am here to show you in detail how you can post on Instagram from Safari.
following are ways to post on Instagram through Safari:
- To post to Instagram from a computer using Safari, on the top menu of Safari
- Go to Safari>Preferences>Advanced.
- Choose the box at the bottom that displays the Show Develop menu in the menu bar.
- Next is to open a new Safari tab and click on Develop>User Agent>Safari-iOS-iPhone in the menu bar
- Next, go to Instagram.com and sign in to your account
- At the bottom of the screen will be a + icon-tap it and select a photo from your computer to upload
- After the photo is uploaded, you can still apply filters and edit the photo as you would in the Instagram app
- After everything, change your user-agent back to the Default to avoid viewing all websites in their mobile state.
How to post to Instagram from Firefox
Firefox can be used to post to Instagram on your desktop. see the below procedure.
- To post from the Firefox browser on your desktop, go to Instagram.com and sign in.
- Next is to right-click anywhere on the page and choose Inspect Element from the list
- Wait you will see the Inspector tool popup
- Search for the phone/tablet icon and click it
- Follow by dragging the Inspector tool to the bottom of your screen, so you can see more of the phone view of Instagram
- After, refresh the page (an important step). Many people miss this step, so I will reiterate: You must refresh the Instagram tab in your browser!
- You should now see the + icon to start creating your Instagram post.
- You may need to go to your Firefox settings and zoom out a little bit if you do not see the +icon.
Can I post from the Instagram web?
Many people want to know if it is possible to post from the Instagram web. The truth is yes. It is very possible to post from a computer or mobile device with a few clicks or taps.
Currently, Instagram has added a built-in feature to its desktop website that permits you to upload photos and videos in the same manner as the Instagram mobile app. though it was limited on a desktop because the public on that platform is very less. That is, few people are actually using a desktop on Instagram