Instacart is a grocery delivery job that is in partnership with various local stores to deliver groceries that have been ordered by customers. The hours are flexible and the orders are made through Instacart’s Shopper app. In this article, we are going to talk about InstaCart Delivery Jobs.
InstaCart Delivery Jobs: How to work as an Instacart shopper
Working as an InstaCart shopper can be very interesting and lucrative. You can either choose to work as an in-house shopper or a full-service shopper. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Download the Instacart Shopper app to sign up.
- Work as an in-store shopper or a full-service shopper (the latter includes making deliveries).
- Get paid a commission or by the hour, depending on employment type.
- Set your own schedule.
- Instantly cash out (available for many shoppers).
You can either work as an in-store shopper or a full-service shopper, below are the attributes of being a full-service shopper of InstaCart
- You will be an Independent contractor.
- You will shop and deliver groceries.
- You will be able to work an unlimited number of hours per week.
- The full-service worker’s role is available wherever Instacart operates.
You can also be an In-store InstaCart shopper, here are the attributes of working as an InstaCart In-store shopper:
- You will be a part-time employee of Instacart.
- There is In-store shopping only so no delivery is needed.
- You will be working at least 15 to 20 hours per week, which includes Sundays or Mondays.
- You are privileged to get benefits, which include 401(k) savings.
The position of an in-store shopper job are available in many areas to meet up with increased orders. It is important to note that the in-store InstaCart job is temporary as you can only work in the position for 90 days.
InstaCart Delivery Jobs: Requirements to work as an InstaCart shopper
There are also some basic requirements that you will need to meet if you intend on working with InstaCart :
- You are at least 18 years old and also you have to be at least 21 years of age you can be allowed to deliver alcohol in some States and this comes with a larger tip..
- You have to be able to lift 30-plus pounds or as much as 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
- You need to have a smartphone. Your smartphone has to be an iPhone (with iOS 9 and above ) or Android (5.0 and above).
- It is necessary for you to pass a background check. It has been reported that most shoppers are cleared within 10 business days, but it depends on the location.
- You need to have a checking or savings account. This is majorly because Instacart shoppers receive their payments through direct deposit.
Also if you are an InstaCart full-service shopper, it is very necessary for you to have the requirements as a worker:
- You need a valid driver’s license and also access to a car with an insurance coverage that comes to terms with the state requirements.
- Also ,you need a set of thermal-insulated bags to hold four standard-sized paper grocery bags. It is necessary for the insulated bags to be close completely and also must not contain any harmful chemicals thereby safe for food contacts.
To get started as an InstaCart shopper, all you need to do is to download the InstaCart shopper app, attend an in-person orientation, fill out paperwork , register your InstaCart payment cards and finally you can start taking gigs.
More Related Content
- How much is InstaCart Delivery: Costs of Shopping With InstaCart
- Instacart Shopper – Fastest Way To Get Your Groceries Delivered
- Instacart Delivery Driver: How to Work As an Instacart Delivery Driver
- Instacart Delivery Time: How to Set your Instacart Delivery Time without an Error
- InstaCart Delivery: How Instacart Grocery Delivery Works