Do you know How To Switch Users On Chromebooks? First, are you a Chromebook user? Chromebooks are not expensive laptops and easily accessible. This means that they can be shared among families or friends.
Better explained a user can have up to five different user profiles on Chromebook. And each can be switched to another without having to log out or in. A user can also give access to other users via the Chromebook guest feature.
How To Switch Users On Chromebook
If you want to share your Chromebook with more than a person, it is easy to set a multi users’ interface. All required to do us just to create an account for each other user.
You can create up to five user account in the Chromebook. So, if you own a Chromebook and desire to share it among other users, then read on to get the steps on How To Switch Users On Chromebook.
Steps To Switch Users On Chromebook
Follow the steps below to learn the steps on switching user on your Chromebook:
- Ensure the user’s account on your system isn’t up to five already. Otherwise, you may have to sign out from one or some of them.
- From the account screen, click on Add Person option at the bottom of the platform.
- Now, enter the Google Account address and password for the user.
- If the user doesn’t have a Google Account, he/she may need to register for one before continuing.
- Next, you will see the confirmation screen. This part contains information about what is synced and how the Google personalization service works.
- Click on the check box next to the Review sync option following setup.
- Then, click on Accept and continue.
- You may require to review the Google Play Terms of Service and click on More.
- Then you will be given the option to select or deselect the Back up to Google Drive option.
- Next is the Location service information. Review the information, select or deselect the option and click on Accept.
Follow the next information review and guidelines. Then click on Continue to finally create another user on your Chromebook.
How To Switch Users On Chromebook
Now, here is how users can change the Chromebook user interface:
Creating the account is just as easy as changing the users as well. Follow the below few steps to learn how to switch users on Chromebook:
- Open the Quick Settings panel by clicking the clock at the bottom right of the page.
- Select the profile photo for the account that’s signed in.
- Click Sign in another user.
Select the profile of the user you want to switch to and enter that person’s password when prompted.
How to Remove a User Account on Chromebook
If one of the account users accessing your Chromebook no longer needs access to their account through your device, you can easily remove the user account to make room for additional accounts if needed.
- Click and launch the Quick Settings panel (clock icon) at the bottom right of the page.
- Select the Settings option.
- In the People section of the Settings page, click on Google Accounts.
- Next to the account name you want to remove, select the three-dot menu.
Then choose to Remove this account.
How to Add a Chromebook Guest
Not everyone who accesses your Chromebook may need an account. Some users can get to browse your Chromebook as a guest.
Before you can switch to a guest account, you first need to make sure you have guest account capabilities enabled.
- Click on the Quick Settings panel (clock icon) at the bottom right section of the platform.
- Then select and click on the Settings icon.
- In the People section, click on Manage other people.
Ensure the option to Enable Guest browsing is toggled On.
How To Use Guest Browsing
Once the Guest Browsing feature is enabled, you can only switch to a guest account by logging out of a user account.
Go to the Quick Settings panel by clicking the clock in the bottom right corner, then click Sign out. The main account page will be displayed.
Then you can select Browse as Guest to allow another user to access the account without adding their user account to your Chromebook.
More Related Content
- Chromebook vs MacBook: Major Differences Between Both Products
- How to Setup and Add Your Printer to Chromebook
- Microsoft Office On Chromebook: How To Run Office For Chromebook Online
- Google Pixel 6 – Google Pixel 6 Pre-Order Information
- Canva for Students: Ways to Take your Lessons to the Next Level with Canva