Do you want to know How to successfully sync iMessage across multiple apple devices? The official apple messaging service works wonders. It is even preferable to other famous messaging platforms like WhatsApp to so many Apple device users. But do you know that you can even make your experience with the service more eventful?
How to Successfully Sync iMessage Across Multiple Apple Devices
It is very possible to make use of Apple’s iMessage service across multiple devices. But in order for this to happen, you may be required to do a little bit of setup on your end to make it function properly. The messaging service as you should have known already lets users integrate apps and stickers with their messages effectively. Also, users can sync the iMessage platform between different Apple devices like your iPad and on a mac device.
This is one of the few problems users of the service have been looking for solutions to. And if you are one of these users, you have got help. If you are struggling with getting messages across your apple devices then you will need to follow the steps that will be provided in this post to the latter and carefully.
Best Ways to ensure your iMessage Conversations Are Sent to Your Apple Devices
The best way to ensure that all of your conversations on iMessage is sent to all your Apple devices is to make use of the same Apple ID and your mobile phone number in sending and receiving messages. On the other hand, if you want to use an email address as well as your phone number, all you need to do is to make sure that the email address is the one selected or used on the rest of your apple devices.
How to Get Started
First, you will need to set up or make a little bit of setup on your iPhone device as it all starts there. After setting up your iPhone you will move to mac and iPad. To set up your iPhone, follow the steps below;
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone device.
- Go to messages and then head to send and receive section on your iPhone.
- You will notice the apple ID used on your iPhone for iMessage, take note of it. You will also find your mobile phone number along with any email address associated with your Apple ID.
- It is advisable that you pick your phone number in sending and receiving messages. When you do this, a lot of chaos will be prevented and messages will be avoided in the process of syncing to one device.
- However, if you wish to select an email address, a new option will appear at the bottom of the screen. Next, select your email address or phone number as what you want to start a new conversation.
Now that you have successfully set up iMessage on your iPhone, you also need to verify that the same piece of information is used on your remaining apple devices.
Set Up On iPad
To link to iPad;
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone device. Go o messages and select the send and receive option.
- Check to make sure that the same Apple ID that is used on your iPhone is the same one being used on the iPad.
- If both apple IDs match, select your phone number and the email address added to your iPhone.
- Select the same item for the “start new conversation from the ”option at the bottom of the screen just as you did on your iPhone. This is very important.
That’s it. But in the event that the apple IDs don’t match, tap on it and then follow the on-screen instructions to sign out and then sign in with the Apple ID used on your iPhone.
Follow the steps below;
- First, open messages and go to preferences immediately.
- Select accounts and check that the Apple ID that is used to sign in to iMessage is the same as the one used on your iPhone and iPad.
- You will have to check the boxes next to the phone number and email address(es) you want to make use of.
- Again, select the same item for the “start new conversations from” option you will find at the bottom of your screen just as you did on your iPhone.
That’s it! you have just successfully synced iMessage across multiple apple devices.