Today’s topic is “How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now”, I am going to be sharing information about this. There are lots of old messages we would want to recover. If you have been wondering if those messages are retrievable then “Yes, they are”.
Some messages which are achieved can be retrieved back but deleted messages are forever gone. And the only way you can retrieve those messages is by meeting the other user and getting the message from them.
How to Retrieve Old Facebook Messages Right Now
If you want to retrieve your Facebook messages (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now) and you don’t know how to do so then you are in the right place. There are many users who don’t know this and will like to know it, now I will love to tell you right away. But there are some things you got to know before I tell you, well, let start what are we waiting for.
How to Retrieve Archived Messages (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now)
If your old messages were previously achieved by you (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now), below is the procedure you will need to recover the message back:
On your computer web browser:
- Open the Facebook URL facebook.com from the browser.
- Click on the messenger icon.
- Below the displayed page, click on “See all in Messenger”.
- Then click on setting close to Chats from the upper left part of the page.
- From the options, you will select Archived chats.
- Then finally you can unarchive the chat you want back to your messenger.
On your mobile device:
- Open your messenger app.
- Type in the person’s name or a sentence in the message you had sent to the user you have achieved.
- Tap on the user’s profile from the appeared list.
- Send a message to that person and it will automatically unarchive this user. Hereby bringing the user back to your messenger app.
Retrieve Facebook Messages (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now)
If you have not deleted or archived the chat (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now), the only way you can see the old chat is by:
- Opening the messenger app.
- Open the user message to retrieve your message.
- Tap on the person’s profile.
- Click on the search in conversation.
- Type in a previous sentence from the old conversation you will want to retrieve and tap on search.
- All the old till the recent messages containing the sentence you have searched for will appear.
The procedure is the same using your computer but it has different positions.
- Open the Facebook site URL facebool.com.
- Log in to your Facebook account if required.
- Open the messenger icon from the top right side of the page.
- From the bottom of the messages, click on see all in Messenger.
- Tap on the user you want to see your old conversation with.
- Scroll to the right part of the displayed screen.
- Click on Search in conversation.
- Type in a sentence you can recall from your old search in the search bar tab and tap on entering.
- Messages containing that sentence will appear from which you can check on the old ones and continue scrolling through the chats.
This is how to see your old Facebook messages or chats (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now).
Download Your Facebook Chat Information (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now)
You can also get to download your messenger information (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now) to get old chats also. Below is the step to guide you in downloading your messenger chat:
On your computer :
- Open the URL facebook.com on your computer web browser.
- Log in if you are required to.
- Click on the last icon from the top right of the displayed page (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now).
- Select and click on settings.
- From the left slide of the appeared page click on “Your Facebook information”.
- From the options click on “Download your information”.
- Uncheck the options you don’t want to download.
- Scroll down and be sure to checkmark the messages option.
- Click on “Create File”
- You will be informed when your file is ready to be downloaded.
- Check back to the “Download your information” page.
- If your file is ready for download it will be shown on the page indicated with “Available copies”.
- Open the available copies and download your data.
- Click on the downloaded copy and select the index file.
- Click on the index file and a web page will be opened (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now).
- Select through the user conversation you desire to read through and open it.
On your mobile messenger:
- Open the messenger app
- Click on the image at the upper left part of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Account Settings.
- Tap on “Download your information”.
- The Download your information screen will appear.
- You can deselect the options you don’t want to download.
- Scroll down and make sure the Message is check-marked at the right side of the option.
- Scroll down and adjust the date range, format, and the media quality option with which you want the information to be downloaded with.
- Click on “Create file” after the adjustment just below the options.
- You will receive an email from Facebook notifying you they have seen your download request.
- And you will receive another for when your request is ready for download.
- Then open the Facebook site again and login if required.
- Click on the More icon, from which you will choose on the setting options
- Select Your Facebook information.
- And click on “View” from the right side of the Download your information option.
- Click on Available Copies.
- Click on Download next to the information file you have requested for download.
- It should indicate “Message” beneath the date of the file.
- The file will be downloaded in zip HTML format which you will have to extract.
- Open the file after it has been downloaded from which there are two files (messages folder and an index file).
- Select the index file.
- It will open in your browser from which you will click on “Your Messages”.
- A window displaying a lot of all the people you have chatted with on your messenger will appear from the date you adjusted during the setup.
- You can read through any of the user’s conversations you open.
This is how to download your Facebook chat information, (How to Retrieve old Facebook Messages Right Now).