MTN Share (formerly Share ‘N’ Sell) lets you send airtime (credit) from your MTN account to other MTN customers. All prepaid and postpaid MTN customers, both new and existing, can use MTN Share.
The airtime transfer is now free of charge. To begin, you need to update the default PIN from 0000. How To Reset And Change Your Mtn Transfer Code.
How To Reset And Change Your Mtn Transfer Code
To Change your MTN Share PIN:
- To change your MTN Share PIN, send an SMS to 321 with the following format: Default PIN New PIN New PIN. For instance, send ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 321
- You can also change your PIN by dialling *321*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then clicking on send/press ok. For example, dial *321*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
As soon as you change your PIN using any of the options mentioned, you will receive an SMS confirming the successful PIN change.
How to transfer airtime using SMS
- To initiate an SMS transfer, send a message with the following details to 321: Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount, and PIN. For instance, send ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 321.
- After sending this message, you will get an SMS requesting confirmation for the transfer. To confirm, reply with ‘YES’ to 321.
How to Transfer Airtime Using USSD
- To send money from your phone, dial *321*Recipient’s NumberAmountPIN# and then tap send/OK. For instance, dial *321*08031234567*1500*1234# and tap send/OK. Once the transfer is done, you’ll get a message confirming the successful transfer.
Please note that:
- You can transfer only in whole Naira amounts, for example, you can transfer NGN71.00 but not NGN71.99, which means you cannot transfer in kobo.
- You can transfer from NGN50.00 to NGN5,000.00 in a single transaction.
- You can transfer up to NGN50,000.00 from your phone to one or more MTN accounts every day.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
- If your MTN prepaid account lacks sufficient airtime to cover the requested transfer amount, the transaction will fail, and you’ll receive an error message.
- As a postpaid customer, you can transfer airtime only when your account balance is positive. You won’t be able to use MTN Share if your account balance is negative (e.g., -N300.00). However, if your account balance is N1,000.00, you can transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.
What is Required to Reset My MTN Transfer Code
Resetting your MTN code should be straightforward as long as you meet the requirements and follow all the instructions provided carefully.
To reset your MTN code, you’ll need your MTN SIM card and a mobile phone. It’s important to mention that no internet or data connection is needed for this process.
Additionally, there are no bank charges of any kind involved. MTN offers this as a “SIM-TO-SIM” transfer service to its customers.
The Default PIN for My MTN Transfer Code
The default PIN for your MTN Share is the PIN that MTN has assigned to your SIM card. If you wish, you can easily change this default code. The default PIN for the MTN transfer code is “0000.”
Frequently asked questions
What Is The MTN Transfer Code?
MTN prepaid users dial the MTN transfer code or MTN Share number to send airtime and data to other MTN users.
Sending airtime and data to other users without involving a bank is simpler. The MTN transfer code offers an alternative method for transferring airtime without the need for an app or mobile data.
How can I Activate the MTN Transfer Code using USSD?
You can activate the MTN code for transferring airtime or MTN Share by changing the default PIN. To get started with the MTN transfer code, just dial*600*Default PIN*New PIN#
Why Should I Use The MTN Transfer Code?
Use the transfer code because it’s incredibly easy and convenient. It operates without the need for a data connection, and your bank won’t impose any charges, except for airtime fees.
CHECK THESE OUT: