Do you know that you can report just about anything on the Facebook marketplace? From buyers to sellers, to even listings, anything that you find inappropriate on the platform can be reported, hence this post, How to report something on the Facebook marketplace.
How to Report Something on the Facebook Marketplace
Facebook wants you to have a memorable experience on its platform; hence the social media platform wants to give you the best experience ever. The Facebook marketplace feature on the platform however is one of the few features that included monetary transactions.
And you know it already that when it comes to funds, a whole lot of things can go wrong. Facebook has therefore given users on the platform power to report anything that they feel off on the platform. in this post, I will be directing you on how to report anything that you feel is not right on the Facebook marketplace successfully.
How to Report a Seller on Facebook Marketplace
Just in case you are having an issue with your marketplace order or if a seller on the platform has not yet responded to you, you can report them. If you also think that a seller on the platform or their products violates Facebook’s commerce policies, you can report them by following the steps below;
- Visit Facebook on the web and click the marketplace option in the left menu from your news feed
- Select or click on a listing from the seller that you want to report
- Next, you will have to click on the name of the seller
- Click on the three-dotted icon and select the report seller button
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to go on with the report
Sellers on the Facebook marketplace that goes against the platform’s commerce policies may be banned or suspended. Buyers who also file fraudulent claims are also subject to consequences that are outlined in Facebook’s purchase protection policies.
How to Report a Buyer
To report a buyer on the Facebook marketplace, follow the steps below;
- Click on the marketplace option or icon from your Facebook news feed and select your account
- Click on your listings and select a listing that the buyer had purchased
- Next, click on the message between you and the buyer. Just in case you cannot find the message, click on the see more tab.
- Click the three-dotted icon and select report buyer
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the report
How to Report a Review on Facebook Marketplace
Seller reviews that do not follow the community standards of Facebook or do not focus on the service offered can be reported. The report will be reviewed and they may be removed from the platform if findings show that they do not follow the standards of Facebook. To report a review by a buyer, follow the steps below;
- Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right of your newsfeed
- Tap the contact icon and select the commerce profile tab
- Next, scroll down to seller reviews and tap the three-dotted icon next to the review that you want to report
- Lastly, tap on report review
How to Report or Hide a Listing on Facebook Marketplace
To report or hide a listing on the Facebook marketplace, follow the steps below;
- Click on the marketplace option or icon in the left menu from your newsfeed
- Locate and click on a listing that you want o report or hide
- Next, click on the three-dotted icon and select hide item or report post.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to report a post.