One of the main appeals of social media is the ability How To Make Facebook Post Shareable either to friends or the general public. Facebook, being one of the most popular social media sites in the world, makes sharing with others easy.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make a post shareable on Facebook, or are having trouble doing so, then read on. In this article, I will detail more information on How To Make Facebook Post Shareable.
How To Make Facebook Post Shareable
You’ve come across a Facebook post that you want to share, but there’s no share button like there usually is. There are several potential reasons why a share button might not be available on your Facebook posts or those of other people. Most potential causes can be fixed either by you or the other person.
The Features of Facebook Sharing
Making posts public will indeed change the shareability option of your posts. More people will know about what you got to say. However, it is also crucial to understand the various other options under the Privacy Settings.
Although most of the options are easily understood, we thought to gloss over them once.
- Friends: This option makes your posts visible only to people from your friend list.
- Friends except: Here, you can omit some of the people from your friend list whom you don’t want to let know about your posts.
- Specific Friends: As the name suggests, only select people will be able to see your post/s.
- Only Me: It is exactly what it sounds. No one except you will see your posts.
- Custom: Here, you can make separate groups of your friends, and also a list of people whom you may want to avoid in the future.
All of these combined, Facebook gives you innumerable options to choose from when it comes to how to make a Facebook post shareable.
Steps To Make Facebook Post Shareable
Here are the steps that you need to take to complete the task:
- Launch the Facebook platform (either the app or the web platform facebook.com).
- Log in with your Facebook ID and password.
- Click or tap on your profile picture to go to your profile page.
- Find the desired post of your choice of which you want to change the privacy settings.
- Click or tap on the 3 dots at the top right side of the post, and you will find a dropdown menu.
- Then click or tap on the option ‘Edit Post.’
- A dialog box will appear where you can edit the writeup of the post, add photos to it, etc. To change the shareability of the post, you need to go to the down-right corner of the dialog box.
- There you will find the option-button by the name ‘Friends’. Click on it.
- The same dropdown menu appears as we had seen in the first case.
- We will repeat the options for your convenience. They are Public, Friends, Friends except for Specific Friends, Only Me, and Custom.
- Choose the option ‘Public’ from here, and right beside it, you will find the option ‘Save’. Click on it.
By doing this, the previously hidden post will be visible by everyone. This will increase the visibility of the post. Although posts of older days rarely get rechecked.
Well, from a small community website to the world’s largest social media giant, Facebook’s journey has been enormous, to say the least. It has become the gateway to the connectivity of people, making it a truly global world.
Facebook is one huge conglomeration of posts, news, friends, strangers, and everyone else. Now that you know all the steps, and the ways to make a post shareable, what are you waiting for?
Just start expressing your heart out, because the world is out there. It is waiting to hear from you, and all that you have to say. Good luck.