How to Delete Your Snapchat Account. If you just want to take a break from social media, and you are looking to delete your Snapchat account, well this site has all your demands at heart. There could be tons of reasons for this, whether you are concerned about privacy or want to reduce the time you spend on your phone.
Thankfully, you can choose to delete your Snapchat account if you wish to remove all the data associated with it. This means every conversation, photo, or video that you have saved in the app would no longer be available once you delete your account.
Well, once you delete your account, you would be given a period of time to change your mind before your account is entirely deleted in which your account would only be in a deactivated state. All the details on your account would still be there if you choose to log in and reactivate it again. Once this period is over, your account would be deleted permanently, as well as your account data.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account on Mobile
One thing with Snapchat is that it does not allow you to delete your account inside the app. You would be required to go through the account portal on a web browser in other to delete it. There are a few different ways to do it depending on what device You are making use of.
The support page for account deletion stated that if you are making use of an iOS device, you can delete the app via the Snapchat app itself, but this is on longer true. Below is how to Delete your Snapchat account on mobile devices:
- First, tap on your profile icon located at the top left corner of the main screen
- After that, tap on the Settings icon, which looks more like a gear, in the top right
- Scroll all the way to the bottom in other to “support,” and then tap on “I Need Help.”
- When you are on the support page, tap on “My Account ad Security” and then “delete My account.”
- Under the other section in the support guide, tap on the “Accounts portal” link.
- On the next page, The username that you are making use of on Snapchat will be entered and you would need to enter your password. Then tap “Continue.”
At this point, your account would get deactivated for about 30 days, after which your account would get fully deleted. You can choose to log in again at any time within those 30 days in other to reactivate your profile.
Deleting Your Snapchat Account on Desktop
If you have access to a desktop, you can choose to also delete your Snapchat account this way using your browser. And below I would be stating how:
- First head to the Snapchat account Portal
- Enter your username and your password for the account that you want to delete
- The next screen that would pop up would be the account deletion page. Enter in the password for your account, then click on “Continue” at the bottom.
After doing this, your account would be deactivated for 30 days, after which your account would be erased entirely. If you choose to access your account once again, you would have to do it within 30 days. Because after those 30 days, your account would be deleted, alongside any data associated with it.
It is best that you download all your photos and videos and anyone’s contact that you might lose on your Snapchat before you delete it entirely.