Instagram is a very popular social media platform that a lot of people all over the world uses. If we are being sincere with ourselves, we would admit that the use of Instagram can become addictive. If you are in this category, there are actually different options for you to pick from, you can decide to either take a drastic step by a complete delete of your Instagram account or you can just temporarily deactivate your Instagram account until you are ready to fully resume your activities on the account.
There is a difference between the two steps. Deleting your Instagram account, in other words, implies that you have taken a permanent step and you won’t be able to retrieve the account again but deactivating your account on the other hand means that you can decide to get your account back whenever you are ready to. In this article, we are first of all going to talk about how to delete Instagram.
How to Delete Instagram
Kindly note that if you intend to delete your Instagram account, you will have to make use of a desktop web browser, or the web browser on your phone, this is because your Instagram brought cannot be deleted on the app. If you are ready to delete your Instagram account, you can follow the steps below to do that:
- First of all, on a desktop or mobile web browser, pay a visit to the Instagram website and log into your account by typing in your username and password.
- After you have logged in, go to the account deletion page.
- Next, select your reason for deleting your account from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- After you have selected your reason for deleting, you will be requested to re-enter your password. Re-enter your password and then tap the blue “Delete [Account Name]” button.
Kindly take note that it will take up to the duration of a month before your Instagram data can completely be erased but until then, your Instagram account will not be visible to the public view.
Deactivating Instagram Account Temporarily
Another option for you to do if you are interested in taking a break from Instagram but you are not willing to lose your account entirely because you would still love to make use of your Instagram account is to temporarily deactivate it. You can follow the steps provided below to do that:
- The first step to take is to log into your Instagram account on your preferred web browser and go to your profile page, then hit “Edit profile” at the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the page that will be opened, click “Temporarily disable my account.”
- The next thing to do is to choose a reason that you are disabling your Instagram account and then re-enter your password.
- Finally, tap “Temporarily Disable Account.”
If you have intentions of deleting your Instagram account permanently or to temporarily take a break by deactivating it, you can follow the easy steps given in this article.