Do you know How to create a Gmail Account? Gmail is the most popular email service in the world today. Its popularity and accessibility are spread across the globe that it’s almost incomplete to build an online profile without a Gmail account.
In this article, we shall be discussing all there is to know about the service, and how to create a Gmail account.
How to create a Gmail Account – Create Gmail Account
Creating a Gmail account is not even an option for android users as it required of you as an android user to set create a Gmail account while setting up your device.
There isn’t much to open a Gmail account, Google has made it so easy that creating a Gmail account is simple and fast and you should be done in a matter of minutes.
Gmail Account Sign Up
Creating a Gmail account is simple, all that is required is an internet connection and your mobile phone or computer. The steps include the following:
- Log on to Google account opening page to begin the sign up process.
- Enter your first name and your last name.
- Choose a username for your account. You may also use an existing email address by selecting I prefer to use my current email address just below the username field.
It is also important to note that the username you choose will be the name other people will see if you decide to use other Google services like Google Docs, YouTube, and the likes.
- Enter a password for your account. You will be required to type the password again for confirmation. It is recommended that you choose a strong password to keep your account protected; alternate characters and a combination of uppercase and lowercase are also advised to use when creating your password.
- Enter the month, day, and year of your birth in the specified fields.
- Select your gender, this is compulsory but if you prefer not to disclose your gender, then you might choose the rather not say
- Provide a valid phone number that will be attached to your email address.
- Select your country, if the spelling of your country is not appropriate, use the flag at the left corner of the field to select your country.
- Enter your current email address in the field provided and select your location from the dropdown menu.
- When done with these steps successfully, select the Next Step button; Google will provide you with its terms and conditions, you must agree to these in order to proceed.
- After agreeing to the Ts and Cs, you will be required to verify your account. Provide your phone number and your preferred method of contact. Google will then send you a code via SMS or phone call.
- Enter the code provided in the specified field and hit the Continue
After completing these steps successfully, you will receive a welcome message from Google and your Gmail account will be set and ready for use.
If you already have a Gmail account, the steps below will guide you in logging in to your account.
- Open any web browser on your device and seek the web address www.gmail.com
- On the login screen that pops up, enter your account login details. Your account login details are your account username and password.
- Finally, tap on the Login button afterward and you would be logged in to your account.
Above is how you can easily log in into your Gmail account.