In this article, we are going to provide for you straightforward and easy steps on how to change password on Instagram anytime you want to change it. And we will also be giving you a method by which you can reset your Instagram password in case you have forgotten your password. It is advisable that whenever you want to change your password. You should ensure that you make use of a strong password that you can easily remember. And, also one that people cannot be able to guess easily, this is for security purposes.
How to Change Password On Instagram
As long as you know how to change password on Instagram. You will realize that it actually does not take much of your time at all and it is also simple to do. We will give you two methods by which you can change your Instagram password. The first method is through the mobile app and the second method is through the web browser.
Steps and Procedures on Changing Your Instagram Password
You can go through and act on the steps below whenever you are ready to know how to change your password on Instagram using the mobile app:
- Ensure you are connected to an active internet source then open the Instagram app.
- Click the account icon located in the lower-right corner to be directed to your profile page.
- Next, If you have multiple Instagram accounts and wish to change the password for a different account. Click the account name at the top of the screen and select a different account.
- Click the three horizontal lines (the hamburger menu) which is located at the top right of the screen. And then after you have done that click “Settings’.
- Next, click “Security.”
- Next, click “Password” on the security page.
- Finally, input your current password. And then type the new password you wish to use, then click “Save” when you are done. And your password will be automatically changed.
Alternatively, if you want to know how to change your Instagram password using the desktop website, you can go through the steps below:
- Connect to an active internet source and then go to the Instagram website in a web browser.
- Next, tap the account icon which is located in the top-right of the window to go to your profile page.
- Tap the gear icon which is located to the right of the “Edit Profile” link.
- After you have done that, tap “Change Password” in the pop-up window.
- Finally, input your current password and then type the new password you wish to use and then tap on “Save”
You can easily change your Instagram password either on your Instagram app. Or on your web browser by following the steps above.
How to Reset Password On Instagram
Knowing how to reset on Instagram is also very important. This is because this way you can easily ask for a password reset if you have forgotten the password you selected. Follow these steps to request for a password reset:
- Go to the sign-in page in the website or Instagram app (you might need to click “Log in”).
- Next, tap “Forgot password?” or “Get help signing in.”
- Input your username, email address, or phone number where required.
Finally, the reset instructions will be sent to you by Instagram, and you will be able to create a new password for your Instagram account.
More Related Posts
- Facebook Login Account Password – Create Facebook Account | How to Change Facebook Password(Opens in a new browser tab)
- How to Change my Birthday on Facebook: Facebook Birthday | Facebook Settings
- Facebook Gift Card: Buy Facebook Gift Card | Where to Buy Facebook Gift Card
- How to Upgrade Instagram Direct with Messenger Feature
- New Gmail Account: Create Email Account Gmail | Gmail Email Login