In this article, I would be explaining how to cast from Mozilla Firefox on Android to a Google Chromecast streaming device. more details would be highlighted on Mozilla Firefox on Android to a Google Chromecast streaming device.
Alongside Google Chrome, Firefox is also a very popular web browser preferred by a lot of people around the world. You can make use of your Firefox to play videos from various services like Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, prime video, and much more. Even though Firefox doesn’t have built-in cast support, you can Chromecast it with a few tricks.
How to Cast from Firefox on Android
The Firefox Android app offers support for Chromecast for some content. And below I would be giving you the steps stated below:
- First, ensure that your Android device is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast
- Launch the Firefox app and the search for the content that you would like to cast
- Once you’ve located the content, tap the “cast” icon in the video player for the content that you are playing.
- Then tap on the device that you would like to cast your content to
- Once the content begins starts to play on the receiving device, you would see where it’s casting and the option to pause/stop it on your Android device.
- Enjoy your content by making use of Firefox on your Android device.
How to Cast from Firefox on iPhone
- In other to install a Replica on your iPhone and ensure that the device would be connected to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
- Right on the chrome screen of Replica, choose your Chromecast device.
- Select start Broadcast to screen mirror the iPhone screen
- Now, launch Firefox and play the video that you want
How to Chromecast Firefox Browser Using Extension/Addon
Below I would be stating the steps involved in how to Chromecast Firefox Browser using Extension/Addon:
- First, connect your Firefox browser installed windows laptop or desktop and Chromecast to the Wifi network.
- Then visit the Github page to add the fx_cast plugin to your Firefox browser. The extension would bring a cast icon to your Chromecast right from your Firefox browser.
- After that, tap on the “Firefox extension” option to get it downloaded
- After downloading it, tap the continue to installation option on the warning prompt.
- Then click on “Add” to Allow all the necessary permissions
- After adding the extension, you would see a cast icon located on the menu
- Browse through the page and then right-click anywhere on the screen
- Then hit the “cast” option and then select your Chromecast device to mirror the web page found on your TV. On a website like YouTube, you can find the cast icon directly on the media player.
How to Cast from Firefox on Windows and macOS
You would have to make a workaround for this to work. Despite Windows, macOS and iOS supporting Firefox, these operating systems do not offer to support for the cast functionality. However, you can always make use of an Android emulator to run a virtual Android device on your windows or Mac device. Once you have set up the Android device on the emulator, you can choose to proceed with the steps stated previously.
Is There a Chromecast add-on for Firefox?
No. While there have been beta versions of Firefox extensions for Chromecast, there are no extra functional releases that allow you to cast from Firefox on desktops.
What is Google Chromecast?
Chromecast is a device that offers support for plugging into your TV’s HDMI port, powered by a USB cable. With that stated, Chromecast functionality is not just a dongle. It can be built right into your TV, and our list of the best TVs with Chromecast built-in can help you consolidate the number of items plugged into your TV’s HDMI ports.
Is There a Google Chromecast Remote?
The Chromecast with Google TV packs its very own remote, which you can make use of to control your TV’s volume, power, and inputs. The addition of a remote would make more sense to folks like myself, who think that a remote and TV-watching would go together like Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt.
How do I install Firefox on my Chromecast?
You would not be able to install a web browser to your Chromecast, but there is a workaround. First, you would need to have an up-to-date version of Chrome installed on another device you can connect to your Chromecast, and that they are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
Also Read: Best Research Universities in Africa