How to cancel a friend request you sent to someone on Facebook – Facebook is one of the best social media platforms in the world right now. This platform is the perfect place for both leisure and business. And if you are not on the platform at the moment then you are missing out on a whole lot.
How to Cancel a Friend Request You Sent To Someone on Facebook
Facebook is a place to keep in touch with friends and family. If you are also looking for a place to find and make friends all over the globe, Facebook is one of the best options for you. With this platform, you can create connections with people you don’t even know about from all over the world. All you have to do to get this done is to have a registered account on the platform.
In this post, however, I will be guiding users on the platform on how to cancel friend requests that they have sent to other people on the social media platform. The only way to connect with friends on the platform and to also make friends s to send friend requests.
Now it just might be that you sent a request to the wrong person requesting to be a friend. And instead of just letting the whole thing play out, it may be wise to cancel the request altogether.
Many account holders on Facebook already know how to go about this, but not everyone on the platform can do this. And for this reason, I am writing this post.
Steps to Cancelling a Friend Request You Sent To Someone on Facebook
To successfully cancel a friend request on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and go to your view sent requests page or simply search for the person that you previously sent a friend request to.
- Next to the person’s name, click on the cancel request tab.
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap the menu icon in the top right corner of Facebook
- Tao your name and select friends
- Tap on requests and select the three-dotted icon in the top right
- Tap view sent requests at the bottom and locate the friend request that you want to cancel
- Just below their name, tap the cancel button
- Open the Facebook app for iPhone and tap the menu tab in the bottom right corner
- Tap friends and select requests
- In the top right, tap the three-dotted icon and tap the friend request that you want to cancel
- Just below their names, tap the cancel request button
That’s it. You should however know that you cannot cancel a friend request that you have sent it its already been accepted. You will have to unfriend the person and account in question.