It’s surprising that in 2021 you still wondering how does Facebook dating works. Facebook is making it possible for billions of people across the world to connect. Now, it’s helping people hook up and (potentially) meet the love of their lives.
Before you can enable Facebook Dating, you must set up a Facebook account. Since the dating feature draws information from your regular profile, you should fill it out as much as possible. There is no separate Facebook Dating app or Facebook Dating site; the feature is integrated into the Facebook mobile app.
How Does Facebook Dating Works
So if you are still wondering how Facebook dating works here’s a little overview. For starters, you must be 18 or older and opt into Facebook Dating. While you’ll need to be a Facebook member and download the latest version of the Facebook app, Facebook Dating will live in its own dedicated space, with your dating profile kept separate from your main Facebook profile.
All your dating activity will be also be kept apart from your Facebook profile or news feed unless you choose to share it there. You might even use a picture as a conversation starter, with Facebook even suggesting photos and information from your Facebook profile you may want to use, though you maintain the ability to reject such suggestions.
Facebook Dating Secret Crushes
You can match with your Facebook friends and Instagram followers through the secret crush feature. To do so, scroll to the bottom of the screen where Facebook suggests profiles and select Secret Crush. You can then select friends on Facebook and Instagram.
If they have Facebook Dating enabled, they’ll get a notification that someone has a crush on them, but they won’t know who. If they also add you to their secret crushes, then you will be matched.
Facebook Dating App
Facebook Dating isn’t a separate app; it’s built right into the site. If you have a Facebook account, you’re already ahead of the game because you’ll need one to access Dating. Though your Dating profile is separate, the Dating section grabs some of your information from your other profile.
How to Create Facebook Dating Profile
Below are guidelines on how to create a Facebook dating profile;
- Now the first step, open the Facebook app.
- Then sign in to your Facebook account.
- Now tap on the menu icon or three lines and tap on see more.
- Also, tap on the dating notification or the heart icon.
- Then fill in your gender.
- Also, confirm your location.
- Now arrange in order the 12-profile tile which is either a photo or an answer to one of the Facebook dating questions.
- Also, select a dating photo to make your profile look unique.
- Then specify your match in the dating settings on your account.
These are the steps to guide you when you want to create a Facebook dating account.
How to Delete Your Facebook Dating Profile
To delete your Facebook dating account, observe the steps below:
- Go to your Facebook app and on the page click on “Dating”
- Click also on the settings icon, this is located by the top right-hand side of your screen.
- Scroll down to also click on “general”
- You will now see the option to delete the profile; simply click on it to continue.
- Click again on delete.
- Wait for a confirmation and here it goes.
You can follow the steps above to delete your Facebook dating profile if need be. You can also get more information on Facebook dating here.