Students from developing countries can now submit their various applications for the 2022/2023 DAAD Helmut Schmidt scholarships.
The Helmut Schmidt Scholarships is offered to students and graduates from developing countries to obtain a Master’s degree in Germany in fields particularly relevant to their country’s development.
About Helmut Schmidt Scholarships
The aim of Helmut Schmidt Scholarships is to prepare future leaders in the fields of politics, law, economics, and administration. The German Academic Exchange Service, through this program aims to support good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
Summary of Helmut Schmidt Scholarships
- Study Level: Master’s degree
- Application Deadline: 1st June through July 31, 2022.
- Program Funding: It is Fully funded which covers for stipend, travel expenses, accommodation
- Target Group: Developing countries.
- Host Country: Germany.
- Scholarship benefits: The Helmut Schmidt Scholarships offers the following benefits to the scholarship recipients;
- Exemption from payment of tuition fees.
- Monthly stipend of €931.
- Health insurance coverage in Germany.
- Travel allowance.
- A research allowance.
- Rent allowances and family supplements, if applicable.
- Payment for language course prior to arrival in Germany (six months)
- Support and coaching services.
- Events and seminars.
- Close exchange with other international fellows.
Helmut Schmidt Scholarships are available to the following:
- Students with bachelor’s degree obtained with above-average results within the last six years.
- Eligible citizens and residents of developing and emerging countries for more than 15 months at the time of application deadline.
How to Apply for Helmut Schmidt Scholarships
- The applicant must apply online through the official webpage, this can be done in English and German
- Clearly show the selected courses. Thr program allows you to select a Maximum of two courses
- Carefully fill in the application form with the correct information
- Note that you can drop a single application for two courses
- Then submit the application for with all the required documents mentioned above to the Masters courses not to DAAD
- For the Application form, visit the webpage below: https://scholarship.pw/university-of-macau-scholarships-for-international-students/
CHECK THIS OUT: Nursing Aide Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship – How to…
Master’s Program eligible for Helmut Schmidt Scholarships;
The following are the eligible programs for the scholarship:
- Social Protection
Institution: University of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.
- Development and Governance
Institution: University of Duisburg-Essen.
Details : http://www.ma-dev-gov.de/
- Peace and Conflict Studies
Institution: University of Magdeburg.
- Management in Nonprofit Organization
Institution: Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences.
Details : hs-osnabrueck.de
- Development Studies
Institution: University of Passau.
Details : https://www.uni-passau.de/en/ma-devstudies/
- Governance and Public Policy
Institution: University of Passau.
Language: English & German.
Details : https://www.uni-passau.de/en/ma-govern/
- Public Management
Institution: University of Potsdam.
Details and Application: up-transfer.de
Just as the Master’s program varies, each has its own application procedure, Application forms, as well as required documents.
The documents should be submitted for the master’s courses of the student’s choice maximum of two.
It is only through the master’s courses that students can apply for scholarships.
The required Documents for application are:
- DAAD Application Form.
- A letter of motivation.
- Well written CV
- Copies of higher education diplomas.
- Copy of transcript and ranking.
- Certificates for all internships, volunteer work, and work experience
- Any Recent German and/or English language certificates.
- Recent letter of recommendation
please note that all applications must be submitted in English or German.