Happy Nurses week to every Nurse out there. You may be wondering what the reason behind this celebration is and how it originated. If you are curious about this celebration, you should keep on reading. This event came up as a means to honor and appreciate the role of Nurses in society. This noble profession has been in existence for a long time and with the positive impact it has made in the world, a week is dedicated to it.
Happy Nurses Week
There is no doubt that the individuals in this noble profession are the first and last people a patient comes in contact with within the health care system. There is no doubt that they are closest to patients than any other profession in the medical field. Hence, they play a significant role in the health sector.
Currently, the week set apart for this holiday is in May. You may be wondering “why May?” “Why not any other month?”. This is because this celebration or holiday has an origin. So, what brought about this celebration?
History of Nurses Week
Florence Nightingale is the lady who founded modern Nursing in the 19th century. In this century, there was a Crimean War and the rates of death were high. She ensured that strict hygiene rules were observed even as she attended to wounded soldiers. Due to the hygiene rules observed, the death rate of soldiers was reduced significantly. In February of 1974, President Nixon proclaimed a National Nurse Week to be celebrated annually in May.
The nurse’s week begins on the 6th of May and ends on the 12th of May which is Florence Nightingale’s birthday. The first day of this week which is the 6th of May is the official National Nurse Day but the appreciation continues to the last day. So, you can see why this holiday is celebrated in May.
International Nurses Day 2022 Theme
Even though this celebration is carried out annually, there is a theme attached to every year’s celebration. This celebration is beyond the recognition of the profession. It is also a means to recall the amazing services of the profession and as well promote their value in various sectors of the world.
This event is coordinated by the International Council of Nurses (ICN). ICN has decided to celebrate the 2022 edition of this event with the theme “Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Invest in Nursing and respect rights to secure global health.”
How to Appreciate a Nurse on Happy Nurses Week
When there is an outbreak of any pandemic, the Nurses are always at risk because they are at the forefront of the medical profession. To appreciate your loved one during this event, you can send a lovely message. Don’t have an idea of a message to send, the list below would help you:
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others, thank you for all that you do.
- Thank you for putting yourself on the front line.
- Thank you for the big role you play in the medical field, you are truly a hero.
- From caring comes courage. Your passion for our patients’ health is appreciated every day. Thank you.
- “Your passion for our patients’ health is appreciated every day. Thank you for all you do.”
- You go above and beyond to make our patients comfortable. Thank you.”
- A Nurse is compassionate in Scrubs. Thank you for your work.
- “Thank you for being an amazing nurse. Our team appreciates all that you do. Happy Nurses Week!”
- Dear Nurse, wishing you a happy celebration, you are truly making this world a better place to live in with the selfless services you render. Thank you so much.
- You are one of the reasons many people fight their illness and recover happily and healthily. Thank you.
Individuals in this profession are as important as doctors. They relate more with patients and this helps them recover faster. You can send these messages to them to Honor their work and express gratitude towards them for their wonderful work.
How to Celebrate Nurses Week
If you have a loved one in this profession, there are many ways you can celebrate this long week event with them. The list below contains some ideas on how to celebrate this event:
- Take your loved one out for a treat.
- Organize a Spa Day, and book a massage, manicure, pedicure, facial, or hair treatment to treat your loved one.
- Write a letter with good appreciation messages. Some message ideas are listed above.
- Get them a gift.
Nurses Week Gift Ideas
Appreciating your loved on in this field with a unique gift is a great idea. You can get the best Nurses week gifts on Amazon. Here are some gift ideas:
- Stethoscope Pendant Necklace. Buy Now on Amazon
- Super soft throw blankets. Buy Now on Amazon
- Thank You Card Healthcare Workers. Buy Now on Amazon
- Amazon.com eGift Card. Buy Now on Amazon
- Thank You Gift Box. Buy Now on Amazon
- 64HYDRO 32oz 1Liter Motivational Water Bottle with Time Marker. Buy Now on Amazon
- Sterling Silver Stethoscope Heartbeat Necklace. Buy Now on Amazon
- Nurses Are Angels in Disguise Bracelet. Buy Now on Amazon
- Amazon.com Gift Card in a Mini Thank you Envelope. Buy Now on Amazon
- Syringe Pens. Now on Amazon
If you are also into this profession, you can as well get any of these gifts for yourself. Also, creating community awareness about this event is a great idea. You could also carry out selfless services during this event such as giving treatments to the less privileged.