Do you want to start your study adventure in Brunei Darussalam? Good news! The government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2022 is currently open. In this write up we will explain in detail all you need to know about this scholarship, its benefits, and step by the step application process.
This Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship covers both undergraduate and master’s studies, providing a monthly allowance of BND$ 650, accommodation, and exemption from the tuition fee.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2022- Scholarship Summary
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship is open to international students who intend to pursue undergraduate and masters studies at the following universities;
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- The Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Politeknik Brunei (PB) of Brunei Darussalam.
The scholarships offered here are fully funded and are designed to attract high-quality overseas students.
Level of Study: Diploma, Undergraduate, Masters
Study in: Brunei Darussalam
Diploma: 3 Years
Undergraduate Degree: 8 Semester (4 Year Full Time)
Master Degree: 12 Months, 24 Months
Deadline: February 15, 2022
You can get information on the programs offered, qualifications, etc from the sites below
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam – http://www.ubd.edu.bn/
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan – http://www.kupu-sb.edu.bn/
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – http://www.unissa.edu.bn/
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei – http://www.utb.edu.bn/
- Politeknik Brunei – http://www.pb.edu.bn/
The recipients will be provided with the following benefits:
- No paying off tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration, and orientation fees for the duration of the program;
- An air ticket to Brunei Darussalam (economy) from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- Monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00
- Monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00
- Accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- Comprehensive insurance to cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. Recipients are urged to obtain additional insurance prior to their travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at their own expense.
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Required Language: English, Malay, or Arabic
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries.
- The eligible ages are between 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2022.
- Permanent Residents of Brunei Darussalam are not eligible for this program.
- The scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant, or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship, in fact, the provisions of this scholarship are meant only for the recipients of the scholarship.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to partake in any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam throughout the duration of the scholarship.
- On completion of the program, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam immediately.
How to Apply for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship?
Please follow this step by step application procedure to apply for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship:
- Download the application form from the following link: APPLICATION FORM 2022/2023
- Application forms should be completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to submit a security clearance from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms should be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
- An online application must be completed by applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
- The closing date for all the processes of this application is, not later than 16:00 hrs (Brunei time) on 15 February 2022.
- The application may require an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programs, and to sit for a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
- Only successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
- For further inquiries please contact: E-mail: mailto:[email protected]
- The maximum size allowed for any e-mail and attachment files is 10MB)
- Please take note, all application forms and supporting documents should be submitted in Word Document / PDF / JPG format (compressed ( .zip ) folder)
- All application forms should be completed as incomplete application forms will not be considered.
For more inquiries, please visit the official website