The Google Stadia Controller can be used with a Chromecast Ultra, computer, or a mobile phone. Stadia is Google’s video gaming streaming platform. This platform lets users play the latest games on their computer, phone, or Chromecast Ultra. Users don’t need a high-end computer since it is a streaming service.
Stadia is compatible with a lot of amazing third-party controllers. And setting up a Google Stadia Controller is easy and yields a great gameplay user experience.
Google Stadia Controller
Do you know what a Google Stadia Controller is? Stadia is designed to be operated on Chrome web browser, Stadia phone app, and Google’s Chromecast Ultra streaming devices.
And this gives users a lot of ways to play games. It supports a wide range of controllers, but it was specifically designed with the Stadia controller in mind.
Google Stadia Controller takes a lot of inspiration from other popular controllers like Xbox One controller, DualShock 4, etc.
The controller feels like a Switch Pro controller, but the button displacement uses Sony’s layout in terms of D-pad and thumbstick position. The controller also packs a couple of extra buttons designed especially for the Stadia.
How To Connect Stadia Controller To Wi-Fi
Not similar to other wireless controllers, the Google Stadia Controller features both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
It has a standard USB-C connector that is used to charge the battery. And also, be used as a wired connection for using the controller with computers and mobile phones.
Follow the steps below to connect the Google Stadia Controller:
- First, launch the Stadia app on a compatible mobile device.
- Press down the Stadia button on the controller until it vibrates. This indicates that the device has been turned on.
- Now, tap on the Stadia controller icon at the upper right section of the app.
- If required, enable location access, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
- Now, wait for the Stadia app to search and find your controller. Then select the device from the list of seen controllers.
- Tap Yes in the Stadia app after it has connected and your controller vibrates.
- Select Continue to indicate you have read the privacy statement.
- Tap Connect to (your Wi-Fi network name).
- Provide your network password and tap Connect.
- Wait for the device to connect, then tap Next when prompted and tap Done.
Your Stadia controller is now connected to Wi-Fi and ready to be used. You can start setting it with your Chromecast if you have it connected.
How To Use Stadia Controller With Computer or Phone
The Stadia controller does not support a wireless mode when used with Chrome on a computer or app on your mobile.
So, instead of setting a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, you just have to plug in a USB cable. Here is how to get connected to your computer via Chrome or your phone via the app:
- Plug in a USB-A to USB-C or a USB-C to USB-C cable to your computer. Then connect the other end to the Stadia controller.
- Users can connect the controller to their mobile phones using a USB-C cable.
- For computers, enter the URL stadia.com on their web browser. While you download and launch the Stadia app on your mobile phone.
- Sign in to your Stadia account if you have one, otherwise register for an account.
And you can start playing any game of your choice using the Stadia controller.
More Related Content
- Google UX Design Certificate – What Google UX Design Certificate Would…
- Android Phone Privacy – How to Add More Privacy to your…
- Google IT Certificates – Skills to Acquire from Google IT Certificates
- Free Music Streaming App – Best Free Apps to Stream Music…
- Android Parental Control – How To Turn On Android Parental Control