Have you heard of Google search console before? Are you wondering what it’s all about? Google search console is a web service by Google which allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize the visibility of their websites. It is a free service offered by Google that helps you to monitor, maintain and trouble shot your site’s presence in Google search results.
The search console tools and reports help you measure your site’s search traffic and performance, fix issues and make your site shine in Google Search results. It allows you to see which queries bring users to your site and also analyze your site’s impressions, clicks, and position on Google search.
Google Search Console
The search console helps you to fix indexing problems and request re-indexing of new or updated content. It is a free tool that helps its users measure their site’s traffic, see keyword performance, fix issues and receive messages from Google about their website.
It provides insight on how a website is doing in organic search as well as ways to make adjustments to the site in the Google index. The search console reviews your index coverage to make sure that Google has the freshest view of your site, and it submits sitemaps and individual URLs for crawling.
You can get alerted on issues and fix your site with the help of the search console. When an issue has been identified on your site Google will send you an email that will identify the issue on your site. The URL inspection tool provides detailed crawl, index, and serving information about your pages, directly from the Google index.
How to Set Up Google Search Console
You may be looking for how to set up a search console but you don’t know how to. The guidelines below will guide you through how to set up a search console:
- Go to https://search.google.com/search-console/about.
- First, you will need to log in.
- Once you have logged in successfully, at the top of the page click the “add a property” button.
- Enter your website URL and click “Continue”.
- Next, you will be asked to verify that you own the website in one of four ways.
With these guidelines above you will be able to set up your search console successfully.
How to Use Google Search Console
The steps on how to use the search console are listed below:
- After you have verified the site ownership, get access to the entire information search console makes available.
- Make sure Google can find and read your pages.
- Review the mobile usability error that has been found on your site by Google.
- Consider submitting a sitemap to the search console.
- Monitor your site’s performance.
With these steps above you will be able to use the search console.