The Google IT Support Professional is an IT program by Google which is hosted on courser and its aim is to provide the job-ready skills you would need to start or advance your IT career. The Google IT Support Professional was created because of the challenge that Google faced when finding qualified candidates to join their IT support team and what better way than to train the It personnel themselves. The program has been calculated to last for the duration of about six months if the trainee dedicates at least five hours of their time weekly for the programme.
Google IT Support Professional
The Google IT Support Professional is a program that is done online and does not require a college degree to get started with the programme. The training programme for the Google IT Support was implemented at Google as the basics for the Google IT Support Professional Certificates.
It is a fact that the IT support is a dynamic fast-growing field that is projected to grow ten percent (10%) between 2018 and 2028. This rate is faster than the average of all other occupations. In the United States, there are over two hundred and fifteen thousand (215 00) open IT support roles as more and more people use technology for some part of their work. Sometimes when things go wrong like hardware breaks, networks go down, the system fails, it is vital to have team members who know what to do. This team is what is referred to as the IT support team.
Google IT Support Professional Certificate
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate can prepare you for an entry-level role in IT in less than six months. Upon the completion of the training programme, you can opt in to share your information directly with top employers who are looking to hire entry-level IT support specialists.
Here in this programme, we would learn about the skills to gain from the programme, the courses that are on the programme, the duration, and schedule, the instructors on the programme and how to enroll for the programme.
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate programme is a lunch pad for a career in IT. This program is designed to take beginner learners to job readiness for less than six months. This programme introduces you to troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, and security- the fundamentals of IT support that is critical for success in the workplace.
Skills To Gain From Google IT Support Professional Certificate
The skills a one can gain from this programme after going through the training are all listed out below;
- Binary code
- Customer support
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Network Model
- Linux File Systems
- Command-Line Interface
- Directory Service
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
Related: Dropbox Business – Dropbox Business Account(Opens in a new browser tab)
The programme hands out a certificate upon completion. The programme is an online one, with no in-person classes and this makes the programme totally flexible. This means that you can set and maintain you’re your deadlines and classes. One thing we should know is that the programme is a beginner level programme and no prior experience or college certificate is needed to enroll.The programme could last for a duration of six months with five hours per week dedicated to the programme but with fewer hours (four hours) per week, the programme could run for up to eight weeks. The programme comes with only one language option and that is in English. However, there are subtitles options. The language options for the subtitles are English, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Arabic.
The programme offers a seven (7) days free trial at the beginning, after which subscribe fully. One good thing about the programme is that you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time. During the course of the programme, you will need to successfully finish hands-on projects that be assigned to you in other to earn your certificate. Completion of the programme earns you a certificate as well as unlocks access to career support resources to help you kickstart your new career.
Courses On The Programme
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate is a five-course programme. This means five courses are being taught during the programme. The courses that are being taught are;
- Technical Support Fundamentals: this is the first of a series in the programme and it aims at preparing you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. It takes approximately 23 hours to complete this course. This course has no Arabic subtitles.
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking: the course is designed to provide a full overview of computer networking. It takes an approximate of 24 hours to complete and all the subtitles are available for this course.
- Operating Systems and You- Becoming a Power User: this course uses a combination of video lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on practice. In this course, you get to learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks like managing software and users and configuring hardware. It takes approximately 30 hours to complete with the availability of all the subtitle options.
- System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services: this course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. This course would take about 26 hours to complete.
- IT Security- Defense Against The Digital Dark Arts: this course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. Approximately 29 hours is needed to complete the courses.
Google is the top instructor in this programme.
Google IT Automation With Python Professional Certificate
The Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate is designed to help take your technical skills to the next level with Python. The most highly demanded programming language by employers.
Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate builds on your IT foundations, which could be The Google IT Support Professional Certificate, to help you take your career to the next level. This program teaches you in-demand skills like programming in Python, using Git, advanced troubleshooting, and IT automation techniques.
The Skills To Gain From The Programme
There are several skills to gain from the programme. This is because it is like building on the previous skills you have acquired from the first-mentioned IT support certificate programme. In our competitive world, this programme certification would give you an edge over those who also own the previous certificate
In the course of the programme, you will learn things like how to automate tasks by writing Python scripts, how to use Git and GitHub for version control, how to manage IT resources at scale both for physical machines and virtual machines in the cloud, and also learn how to analyze real-world IT problems and implement the appropriate strategies to solve those problems.
That aside, some of the skills to gain from the course of this programme are;
- Using Version Control
- Troubleshooting and Debugging
- Python Programming
- Configuration Management
- Basic Python Data Structures
- Fundamental Programming Concepts
- Basic Python Syntax
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Setting up your Development Environment
- Regular Expression (REGEX)
- Testing the Python
This programme was developed by Google and it is designed to provide IT professionals with in-demand skills including Python, Git, and IT automation. All these can help you to advance your career as Python is now the most in-demand programming language by employers. The programme trains you in crucial skills required of an IT personnel.
The Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate programme can be completed in about six months. It has been designed to prepare you for a variety of roles on IT like a more advanced IT Support Specialist or a junior Systems administrator positions.
It is recommended that your machine has Python installed in it before you commerce with the programme. This is because during the course of the programme you would be working using the Python. Also, for some other courses, you will need a computer where you can install Git or ask your administrator to install it for you.
The programme runs strictly online and there is no offline (in-person) option. The programme runs on your set schedule and it is very flexible. There is a certificate at the completion of the programme. This program can last for up to 8 months at a four hours per week rate. This is if running at six months, five hours per week is not flexible enough for you. The programme is done in the English language and also, English is the only subtitle language.
There are 6 courses in this professional certificate programme. And they are;
- Crash Course on Python: this is the first course that teaches you the foundations to write simple programs in Python using the most common structures. It takes about 31 hours to complete this course.
- Using Python to interact with the Operating System: This course will teach you how to manipulate files and processes on your computer operating system. Also, you would learn about the regular expressions (a very powerful tool for processing text files) and you will also get to practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. Approximately 30 hours is required for the completion of this course.
- Introduction to Git and GitHub: the duration of this course takes you to learn how to keep track of the different versions of your code and configuration files using a popular version control system (VCS) called Git. It takes about 18 hours to complete this course.
- Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques: in this course, you would be given tools to quickly identify and solve real-world problems that you might come across in your IT role. It takes about 19 hours to complete.
- Configuration Management and the Cloud: during this course, you will learn how to apply automation to manage fleets of computers and understand how to automate the process for deploying new computers, keeping those machines updated, managing large-scale changes and a lot more. It takes approximately 17 hours to complete.
- Automating Real-World Tasks with Python: this is the finale course for the programme and it will tie together the concepts that you have learned up until now. You will be made to tackle real-world scenarios in Qwiklabs that will challenge you to use multiple skills at once. It would take about 12 hours to complete this course.
One of the top instructors in this programme is Google.
There are several professional certificates that have hiring partners that recognize the Professional Certificate credentials and others can help prepare you for certification exams.
The options that come with your enrollment in the programme that makes it easy to follow through and very flexible are;
- Taught by top companies and universities
- Affordable programs and 7-day free trial
- Apply your skills with hands-on projects
- Learn on your own schedule
- Course videos and readings
- Graded quizzes and assignments
- No degree or experience required for many programs
- Shareable Certificate upon completion
You can share the certificates in the certification section of your LinkedIn profile, on your resume and CV to have a better shot at jobs you want.
Related: How to Install WordPress Popular Posts on your WordPress Account(Opens in a new browser tab)
Google IT Support Professional Certificate Costs
The certification received on the completion of any of the above programmes, costs as low as forty-nine US dollar (US$49). After completing the programme, you would be guided on how to download the certificate. This certificate needs renewal every two years.
The certificate can be shared with your LinkedIn certificate section and can also be added to your resume, CV, and other documents. On the completion of the programme, you can opt in to share your information directly with top employers hiring for IT jobs including;
- Bank of America.
- Best Buy.
- Career Circle.
- Veterans United.
- H&R Block.
- The Home Depot.
- Fannie Mae.
- Compu Vision.
- Sams Club
- Store No8
- TEK systems
These companies recognize the certification from the programme.
Google Certification Courses
There are other free Google certification courses which Google has running. They are;
- Google Degrees & Certificates (Coursera)
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate(Coursera)
- Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform(Coursera)
- The Google Online Courses (Google Digital Garage)
- Google Programs & Nanodegrees (Udacity)
- Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure(Coursera)
- Android & Web Developers Training (Google Developers Training)
- Learn Analytics for Free (Google Analytics Academy Courses)Technical Support Fundamentals by Google
These are some of the best free Google programmes with certification on completion of the programme.