Do you know that with the Google Hangouts app, you can keep in touch with friends? Hangout is a service that is available for Google users with Gmail. The platform or messaging app is free and simple for all to use.
Most people have been asking if they can use Google Hangouts, yes you can, as long as you have a Gmail account and good internet connection. In this article, I will be discussing briefly on Google Hangouts App, but before moving on to the app and how to download and use the app, we need to know what Google Hangouts mean.
What is Google Hangouts?
Google Hangouts is a communication software that was developed by Google, it was developed originally as a feature on Google+. But later on, it became a standalone product on its own in 2013. At the time when Google began integrating features from Google+ Messenger and Google Talk into Hangouts.
What is Google Hangouts App
In the year 2017, Google started developing Hangouts into a product aimed at enterprise communications. And now, Hangouts is now part of the G Suite line of products and it consists of two primary products; Google Meet and Google Chat. Google Hangouts has some quite interesting and fun features that you’ll not wish to miss out on. And the only way to not miss out is by downloading Google Hangouts App on your device. But go to how to download the app, and let’s talk about the Hangouts features.
How to Use Google Hangouts App
To use Google Hangouts, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Hangouts page on your device’s app store (e.g., Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS).
- Download and install the Hangouts app.
- Sign in or create an account
- Once you’re signed in, you’ll see the Hangouts interface.
- It typically consists of a list of your contacts or recent conversations on the left side and the conversation or video call window on the right side.
- To start a conversation, tap the “New Conversation” or “Compose” icon, usually represented by a “+” or a pencil symbol.
- Select the person or people you want to chat with from your contacts list or search for their names or email addresses.
- Start sending messages
- To send images, videos, or other files, tap the attachment icon (usually a paperclip or a “+” symbol) and select the file you want to send from your device.
- To initiate a video or voice call, open the conversation with the person you want to call and tap the video camera or phone icon at the top of the conversation window, respectively.
Remember that Hangouts can be used for both individual and group conversations, and it also integrates with other Google services like Gmail and Google Calendar.
Features of Google Hangouts
On Google, Hangouts conversations are allowed for two or more users. It can be accessed online through Gmail or the Google+ website or using the mobile app that is available for Android and iOS. Chat histories are saved online, by that allowing them to be synced between devices. Google Hangouts allows users to share photos during conversations. These photos will be automatically uploaded into a private Google+ album Emojis can now be used within messages.
You can make audio and video calls. Group video calls can be done with up to 10 users at a time. There are lots of other nice features on Hangouts, and the only way to find them is by downloading the app or using the Chrome version. Now, let us move on.
Is Google Hangouts Free to Use?
If you have been wondering about the answer to this question, then here you have the answer now. Yes, Google Hangouts is free to use for all Google users. Google Hangouts is a communication tool that is designed to make communication better, faster, and easier. So the service is free to use, but you will need to have a Gmail account in order to use it.
Uses of Hangouts App
The Hangouts app allows you to keep in touch, message contacts, start free video or voice calls, and also hop on a conversation with a single person or group. Here are some things you can do with the Google Hangouts app;
- Include all your contacts with group chats up to 150 people.
- Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 contacts.
- Say more with status messages, photos, videos, maps, emoji, stickers, and also animated GIFs.
- Message contacts anytime, even if they are offline.
- Call any number in the number.
- Connect your Google Voice account for phone calling, SMS texting, and also voicemail integration.
- Manage the Hangouts app remotely with Google Cloud.
There’s much more you can do with Google Hangouts App, well to start, you need to download the Google Hangouts App for free.
Google Hangouts App Download
The Google Hangouts app is simple, free, and also fast to download. All you need is a compatible device. The app is compatible with device types including iOS and Android devices as I said earlier. That means it can be downloaded on any device you’re using, so you need not worry about it. To download Hangouts, follow the steps below;
- On your App Store, tap on the search box and enter Google Hangouts.
- A list of related apps to the keyword will be displayed, now tap on the first one to load its information page.
- Then tap on “Install” to get the app.
The app will be installed on the device. Now, to use Google Hangouts, sign in to the service using your Google account (Gmail).
CHECK THESE OUT: