Have you lost your Gmail account password? Do you wish to reset or recover it? Gmail Password Reset is the process of resetting or recovering your lost password. Gmail is simple to use, so the password resetting process is equally simple. We are always advised by Experts to change our passwords regularly. But in other notes, we can equally forget those passwords. I will be telling you how to do that, but first, let’s know what Gmail is.
Gmail Password Reset
As you must have known, Gmail is a free email service developed by Google. Gmail (Gmail Password Reset) is also known as Google Mail or Google account. It enables users to send and receive electronic mails (email). Gmail (Gmail Password Reset) has some really outstanding features such as it allows users to stay inactive for more than seven months. Unlike most other email services that don’t permit that. Oh Yes, it also has the spam detection feature (Gmail Password Reset), that is to say, spam is filtered into the trash immediately.
Signing up for a Gmail account is simple, just as the recovering or resetting process is. As a user, you can use either the app or website interface to reset Gmail password.
The app is simply the mobile device version of the website. It has some features but offers better navigations. Gmail (Gmail Password Reset) is compatible with any device type including IOS, Android, Desktops, Mac, etc. There are some really awesome features to be enjoyed with the app. To download/ install Gmail on your smartphone, follow the instructions below;
- Open the App Store on the device that you’re using and open the search.
- Type in Gmail on the search box provided.
- Then from the search filter, tap on the first one on the list.
- Tap on the Install or Download tab to get it.
Gmail (Gmail Password Reset) application would be downloaded immediately to your mobile device and you can open it to sign in or sign up.
Gmail Password Recovery Tool – Questions to expect
The password recovery tool is the page from which you can reset the password. Google actually asks some questions before resetting the password. Here are some;
- The Account previous password.
- Confirmation using a code sent to you.
- The recovery or alternative email address for the account.
- Security question.
- Account creation date.
To reset or recover your password, any of these questions will be asked before the process will commence.
How to Recover Gmail Password
Gmail password reset can be done by following the steps below;
- Launch the Gmail Application on your device or access your browser and enter gmail.com
- Then from the Sign-in page displayed, tap on “Forgot Password”.
- Enter your Gmail address and tap on “Next”.
- Answer the questions that will be asked correctly to confirm your ownership.
- Then hit on “Next”.
- Create a new password for the account that you haven’t used with the account before.
Just like that, the Gmail password will be reset or recovered immediately. But if you want to change your password when you are logged in then I will show you how to.
Change Gmail Password
Now when you want to change your Gmail password when you already logged in to your Gmail account then read the following steps:
- Open your device’s settings app on your Android device
- Then access Google and also “Manage your Google Account”.
- Now at the top tap “Security”.
- Then under the “Signing into Google”, tap password, you might need to sign in.
- Now enter your new password and then tap “Change Password”.
iPhone or iPad:
- On your iPhone or iPad open the Gmail app.
- Then at the top right, tap your profile picture or initial “Manage your Google Account”. But if you don’t use Gmail then go to google.com.
- Now at the top tap “Personal info”.
- Also, under “Profile” tap “Password”.
- Then enter your new password and select “Change Password”.
- Just open your Google account, then sign in.
- Then under “Security” select “Signing in to Google”.
- Now choose “Password”, you might need to sign in again.
- Then enter your new password, and select “Change Password”.
These are the steps you must follow when you want to change your Gmail password (Gmail Password Reset).