If you live in the US, you’re probably familiar with Geico insurance co- the second largest insurance company in the whole country. Geico insurance controls well over 13.8% of the market and insures almost 28 million vehicles. Most people are very much familiar with Geico auto insurance, but the company also has policies for homeowners, life insurance, renters, and much more as we shall see in this article.
Geico insurance co is owned by Berkshire Hathaway and is headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. The company writes policy in all 50 states including the District of Columbia, Fortune magazine terms the company as the most admired property-casualty insurance company in the united states of America.
Geico Car Insurance
This is the most popular policy of the company, and they offer coverage for just about any mode of transportation you want.
Types of Coverage Include:
- ATV insurance
- Boats and personal watercraft insurance
- Collector auto insurance
- Commercial vehicle insurance
- Mexico insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Rideshare and on-demand delivery drivers’ insurance
- RV insurance
The company has one of the best discounts in the country available for auto insurance and is all to the advantage of the user.
Geico Auto Insurance Discounts Include
- Good student discount
- Seat belt use discount
- Military and public service discounts
- Multi-vehicle discount
- Vehicle equipment discounts
- Multi-policy discount
- Driver education discounts
- Defensive driving discount
- Good driver discount
- New vehicle discount
- 50 and older discount
Geico Homeowners and Renter’s Insurance
This insurance covers you in case anything happens to your home or apartment, this could be maybe a windstorm damages your roof, a fire accident or any unplanned occurrence. This is where you talk to your agent and read your policy so that you know what the company covers on your behalf.
Types of Geico Home Insurance Coverage include the Following:
- Personal property such as furniture, clothing, appliances and dishes
- Medical bills
- Property damage from fire, wind, hail, and water (under some policies)
- Additional expenses like hotel costs
- Jewelry up to $2,000 of value
- Personal liability
Renters Insurance Covers the Following as well:
- Medical and legal bills if someone is injured on your property
- Smoke damage
- Visitor injuries
- Accidental damages to someone else’s property
- Fire, wind, and water damage
- Damaged furniture, electronics, appliances or clothing
- Vandalism or theft
- Expenses such as hotel costs if your apartment/condo becomes uninhabitable
Discounts are available in homeowners’ and renters’ policies as well, for you to leverage on and save a lot of money. One way of doing this is by joining your auto and homeowner or renters’ policy to save more and gives you the comfort of working with only one company.
Geico Discounts that Apply to you are the following:
- Membership group discounts
- Sprinkler and smoke alarm discounts
- Home security system discounts
- Military and federal employee discounts
- Multi-policy discounts
- Student discounts
Geico Life Insurance
While Geico might not be the first name to call when it comes to life insurance, but they have three different types of life insurance that are worth checking, and these are Term life insurance, Whole life insurance, and universal life insurance. You may check Geico’s official website to know more about their life insurance and policies.