Most students would prefer abroad as their study destination, although financial constraints have always been a hindrance for most students seeking to study abroad. However, if you want to live abroad and study for free due to financial hindrances, then you shouldn’t hesitate to apply for the Fulbright International Students Scholarship programme 2022 in the United States.
Fulbright International Students Scholarship Programme 2022
Generally, US is one of the most study destinations for students and so this scholarship opportunity is an easy route to live and study in US. Fullbright International Scholarship programme for open to foreign students and it enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists, from around the globe to study and conduct research in the United States. The Scholarship Program operates in over 160 countries worldwide with about 4,000 foreign students awarded Fulbright International Scholarships each year.
Let’s bring to your knowledge that the Fulbright International Scholarship program for foreign students is administered by Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies, in fact, all the applications of international students are processed by these offices. This scholarship program is being funded by the Government of the USA and is open to all participants from all around the world.
Individuals who are from any academic background with any academic Discipline can apply for the Scholarship. Interestingly, Fulbright encourages applications from all Fields, Including Interdisciplinary Ones. Fullbright International Scholarship covers all the expenses related to the program.
Summary of Fulbright International Scholarship 2022
- Scholarship Country: United States
- of Scholarships: 4,000 every Year
- Course Level: Masters, PhD
- Eligible Country: 160 Countries
- Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
- Fields of study: All disciplines are offered except clinical medicine
- Scholarship Coverage: Fullbright International Scholarship covers the following expenses:
The full Tuition fee
Return airfare ticket
Computer allowance and settling in.
Requirements for Fullbright International Scholarship 2022
Interested students for this scholarship should ensure they carefully review the eligibility criteria below before applying for the program
- Those applying for a Master’s Degree program must have a four-year Bachelor’s degree or a Bachelor’s and Master’s combination totaling 16 years of formal education from an accredited university.
- Students who are recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply, excluding MBA and Public Policy/Administration applicants, who require 2 years of work experience.
- Applicants seeking to pursue a PhD degree program, must have a Master’s, M.Phil or comparable degree with a minimum of 18 years of formal education from an accredited university.
- Those with work experience will be highly preferred, work experience in teaching, research, or the public sector in Pakistan.
- As mentioned earlier in this article, all academic disciplines in both master’s and Ph.D. programs are eligible, except clinical medicine.
- Applicants are encouraged to the Fullbright country-specific website for more information about the program in their home country as the Program Eligibility and Selection Procedures Vary depending on the Country.
- It is also important to check the eligibility requirements and application guidelines, when you realize your country is not listed there, obviously, you’re not eligible to apply.
How to Apply for the Fulbright International Scholarship
In applying for this scholarship, please note that Fulbright International scholarship applications are Processed by “bi-National Fulbright Commissions/Foundations” or U.S. Embassies in Your Country. Having said that, foreign students must apply through the Fulbright Commission/Foundation or U.S. Embassy in their home countries.
The application Deadline depends on the country however, it is usually around February to October annually.
Please visit the official website link below and the country-specific websites for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Fullbright International scholarship FAQ
- Can a Fulbright participant remain in the US after the program, or return to his/her home country?
Once the program is completed, Fulbrighters are required to return to their home country to complete the two-year residency requirement before becoming eligible to apply for other visas.
- Can an applicant submit more than one Fulbright application in the same year?
No, an applicant is not allowed to submit more than 1 application. The applicant can only submit one application each year. Although, an unsuccessful applicant can reapply in subsequent years