Speaking of FL Medicaid, the interaction and partnership between the state and federal that results in the availability and provision of health coverage for a selected category of people with low income are called Florida Medicaid. It is geared and propagated towards the improvement of people’s health.
FL Medicaid – Who Is Eligible For Florida Medicaid?
In order for you to be eligible for FL Medicaid, You must be;
- A resident of the state of Florida, a U.S. national, citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien, who is in need of health care/insurance assistance or whose financial situation can be termed as low income.
- You must also be one of the following:
- Pregnant or
- Be responsible for a child 18 years of age or younger.
- Blind, or
- Have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability
- 65 years of age or older.
- You must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:
- Select Household Size
- Maximum Household Income per year View Table
And for households who are more than eight in number, you are to add $5,958 per the number of the additional person added.
Things Florida Medicaid Pay For
Florida Medicaid covers quite a number of medical services, some of the services include; physician, hospital, family planning (birth control, pregnancy and birth care), home health care, nursing home, hospice, transportation, dental and visual, community behavioral health, services through the Child Health Check-Up program, and other types of services.
How Long It Take to Get Approved For Medicaid In Florida
To get approved for Medicaid In Florida, it will take you approximately up to 2-3 weeks to g It takes approximately 2-3 weeks to get a Medicaid card after your case is approved et a Medicaid card after your case has been approved
Does Social Security Count as Income for Medicaid?
Definitely Yes!! All the types of social security income not minding the fact of it not taxable or not received by a tax filer counts toward household income for eligibility purposes for Medicaid
How to Contact Medicaid In Florida
Peradventure you have issues or questions to ask, you are to please make a call through to 1-877-711-3662, TDD 1-866-467-4970, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The call is free and you can text your enrollment or frequently asked questions to 357662
How to Contact my Local Medicaid Office
For those who want to contact their local Medicaid office, you are to take note of the below pieces of information
- Website: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Contact: Contact the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Local Offices: Contact State Medicaid Offices.
- Toll-Free: 1-800-633-4227.
- TTY: 1-877-486-2048.
- Forms: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Forms.
Where To Apply For Medicaid
For those who want to apply for the Florida Medicaid, you can apply in two ways which are; Through your state, Medicaid agency Or you Fill out an application through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
More Helpful Posts
- Florida Snap Benefits: Things You Can Buy With Your Snap Benefits in Florida
- Medicaid in Florida – How to Qualify For Medicaid In Florida | The Best Plan for Medicaid
- Florida Food Stamp: How to Apply for Food Stamps in Florida
- Applying for Food Stamps Florida: How to Apply For the Food Stamps Benefits in Florida