A Facebook username is a name that shows up in the URL of your FB account. It gives your friends access to locate you on Facebook. It also gives a direct link to your Facebook page.
You have to be aware that once your FB username is set, it is not possible for you to change it again.
If you are a person who manages FB pages for a brand or a business, it will be very easy for you to help people find pages with a unique username.
In this article, we are going to focus on the FB username and show you the easy steps on how to select the appropriate username for you to use on Facebook.
How to Set your Username on Facebook – Procedure/Guide
It is not a difficult process to set your username on Facebook. When you create a new account, FB provides a username for you by default. However, the choice is left to you to choose. You can go through the steps below to set your FB username:
- First of all, Log into your Facebook account on a desktop computer and tap on the dark blue triangle located at the top-right of the page.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on the word “Settings”.
- On the next page, locate a row saying “Username”. This row displays your current username, tap on “Edit.”
- Next, input your new username to which you wish to change it to (if it is not available, a red X will appear along with a message saying “Username is not available”).
- Click “Save Changes” once you have your desired, available username.
Facebook Page Username
Alternatively, if you want to reset your FB username on a page, these are steps for you to follow to successfully do that:
- Tap on the “About” section located on the left side of your page.
- Next, tap on the “Edit” option located next to the section for your page’s username.
- Type in your desired username, and if it is available, tap on “Create username.”
Congratulations, your username will be changed after following the steps above. Kindly note that you are only allowed to have one username and you cannot have the same username as another person.
Usernames must be at least 5 characters long and generic names are not allowed. Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters(A-Z, 0-9) or (“.”). You must be an admin before you can have access to change the Facebook username for a page.
Finally, you have to ensure that your username must follow all the Facebook statements of rights and responsibilities if you wish to successfully change your Facebook username.