What is Facebook News Feed Settings? The News Feed is one of the features of the social network Facebook. The Facebook News Feed is a basic system through which Facebook users are given access to content that is posted on the Facebook network. The Facebook News Feed has detailed information that includes your profile changes, upcoming events, birthdays, memories, and much other information.
Facebook News Feed Settings
Facebook uses a proprietary method by selecting a bunch of updates to display to the users each time they pay a visit to their feed, an average number of 2,000 updates can be received by Facebook users. Over two billion people access the Facebook network every month, thereby making the Facebook News Feed the most viewed and most influential part of the news industry. In this article, we will be talking about the Facebook News Feed Settings.
How to Change your Facebook News Feed
The process of changing your Facebook News Feed is actually not difficult at all, as long you have the steps to follow to be able to make successful changes, you are good to go. If you are a Facebook user and you are interested in making changes to your Facebook News Feed, all you have to do is to follow the steps which are provided below and you will be able to do that successfully:
- The first step to take is to tap on the three dots (…) located right beside the News Feed setting and tap on Edit Preferences
- Next, Update the list of friends you see first and which friends to unfollow.
- After that, reconnect with Friends you have unfollowed and also the friends you have Snoozed.
There are different ways by which you can make changes to the preferences of your Facebook News Feed. The major way by which you can make those changes is through the Facebook Newsfeed itself, follow the steps below:
- On the left-hand side of your News Feed, tap on the three dots where it indicates News Feed.
- After that, tap on Edit Preferences and make the necessary changes you need to make.
How to Clean Up Your Facebook News Feed
There are various steps you can take in order to clean up your Facebook feed, here are some of the things you can do on your account whenever you are interested in cleaning up your Facebook News Feed:
- The first method you can use is to tap the snooze button. You can do this when posts by your Friends on the same topic are getting too frequent. And you no longer have an interest in seeing them.
- Another step you can take is to hide the post. If you are still interested in a particular person’s posts and you want them to remain in your news feed but you don’t want to be seeing the posts too frequently. You can inform Facebook to display lesser posts by that person on your Newsfeed.
- You can Unfollow the friend(s)
- Also, you can block or unfriend people.
- Lastly, you can report a post.