Is your Facebook News Feed Not Working? Even though Facebook is doing its best to make the app and platform more agile, we found several different cases where users reported that the Facebook newsfeed was not working. In this article, we are discussing the reasons this issue occurs on the mobile app and on the web platform.
Why is Facebook News Feed Not Working
With thorough research, we have discovered some of the reasons Facebook News Feed is Not Working. Below are these reasons.
- Slow internet connection – Facebook has increased its data usage over time. If you have a slow connection, the news service may not work for you.
- Facebook is down – Facebook has a lot of downtimes. This can be said for both the mobile and desktop platforms.
- Wrong Preferences – You may not have noticed, but Facebook has the option to set preferences for your news.
- Bad app data – There are numerous instances where the Facebook app gets bad app data or corrupts its installation files. When this happens, the application might not behave as expected and cause problems.
- Update Available – Facebook constantly monitors your apps and if a bug or glitch arises, release an update as soon as possible. If you do not want to upgrade, we recommend that you do so as soon as possible.
How to Fix Facebook News Feed Not Working
Here, we will be sharing possible solutions on how to fix Facebook News Feed Not Working problem. Below are some of these solutions.
Check your news preferences
Facebook has news preferences that allow you to decide what you see on your news page. These preferences have 2 main options, namely Top Stories and Recent. By default, Top Stories are selected, and if you want to see the latest stories, you will need to change the preferences manually.
Checking your Internet connection
If your network’s internet connection is not up to scratch, you will have trouble connecting to Facebook if you are using the website or mobile app. This is one of the main causes why users have trouble updating or searching their news.
Check Facebook Downtime
There are numerous reports where Facebook was down due to technical difficulties or to fix bugs etc. If this is the case, it means there is a problem with the background servers (not on your end).
Clear application data
Like all other apps on Android, Facebook also has data stored locally in its storage. The storage is generally divided into two parts, that is, application data and cache data. First, you can try clearing the cache data and after restarting your phone, check if the problem is solved. If not, you can also clear the app data and see if it works for you.
Install the latest version of Facebook
Facebook releases frequent updates from time to time to ensure that the apps stay up-to-date with the Android operating system, as well as to fix all bugs.
Above are possible solutions to why the Facebook news feed is not working. The solutions are well discussed a d explained making them easy to execute.